Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: where'd Fo go??

Postby SalmonSlayer » Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:51 pm

tungsten222 wrote:Fo's free spirit in a nutshell:

-Kite leash is bad
-Only idiots kite on crowded beaches
-Trainer kites are bad
-The only legit way to teach is, throw people into deep water with a fully grown kite
-Marketing kites and kiting is bad
-Although it's OK to accept marketing freebies (free kites) from the industry and develop advertisement for the industry
-Kiting is not safe
-RickI is a selfish idiot

Anything else? Didn't find any more wisdom in his speeches. Check for yourselves.

Need Fo to form your own opinion?

No biggie. Post-on.
LOL

I am finding this thread to be quite entertaining.

Maybe I missed a post but I have not seen anyone defend Fo's opinions. I cant speak for all that think banning Fo was a bad decision. I see it as a canary in the coal mine. A sign that this forum is becoming pussyfied (I know it is not a real word). Why get caught up in the delivery instead of seeing what is really being said? Why squeal like a stuck pig because your feelings were hurt?

My best guess---No testicular fortitude!!!

New Slogan Kiteforum--- Where whiners rule
Windrider wrote:...
Relax. Fo / afflatus can still read this forum. And he can probably re-join under a new guise. Let's see... Fo sounded a bit like "Flo"..... and afflatus sounded a bit like "afflat" (quack-quack)... Abandon the avatar that you once were and be re-born anew. Its just virtual.
tungsten222 wrote:Really funny how much you guys miss a troll that got fired just once more and who will be back soon under a new name.
I have seen this argument posted a few times here. If Fo will be back under a new name than what is the purpose of banning him or anyone in the first place? What is accomplished except temporarily appeasing the whiners?

tungsten222
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby tungsten222 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:29 pm

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit.
Last edited by tungsten222 on Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SalmonSlayer
Very Frequent Poster

Postby SalmonSlayer » Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:34 pm

tungsten222 wrote:Well... think criminal law... what's the purpose of sending someone to jail for (...put in the crime you like...) if you know he'll do it again once he is out? What is accomplished except temporarily appeasing the whiners?(see criminal statistics for the truth of this argument).
The old beat the violator into submission with tail between legs technique. I see your point but I dont think it applies to this issue. How many posters are brow beaten into submission? Almost zero in my opinion. They go elsewhere or get back on this forum and repeat the same behavior. My guess is that it would not work on you anymore than it would work on me

OT - One thing I think is amazing about this forum is how I can converse from Spain to New Zealand. Cool stuff. I also appreciate how well posters articulate their opinion even though English is not their first language.

I'm hoping Chemosavi (the guy has skills) or someone else will launch a profanity laced tirade against me, so, I can show some of the more sensitive members how not responding works to stop posters from hurting their feelings.

Go ahead. I double dare anyone to try to turn me into a quivering squealing mess.

Right or wrong, I have said more than my share on this issue and have thoroughly enjoyed the conversation.

I am out.

thaswisskid
Medium Poster
Local Beach: f*** face
Favorite Beaches: n/a
Gear: asfadfvwsadfc

Postby thaswisskid » Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:50 pm

SalmonSlayer gets it, grow up deal with it like a man.
tautologies wrote:Swisskid et all. How would like to have your own forum stalker? It isn't like FO posted just one post like that....
I would say bring it
Its a forum, Fo's not that smart, just good at pissing the people off who let him under their skins.
But I'm not rickl or toby I'm at like 50 posts, I'm not going to wast my time to provide entrainment for him mostly cause I don't have much to say and I just don't care. But you guys do and are fed up with him. So you got rid of him for now.
Between all of his "BS" Fo always had cold hard logic he would never let go of, everyone else thought they where also right, which led to disucssions that went nowehere and people got pissed off. Rickl and anyone else, next time attack his views, opinion, hypothesis make him uncomfortable and force him to play your game, insted of the keep pouring out more facts out approche. Don't just take his crap and whine about it, thats just weak, you lose credibility.

Windrider
Very Frequent Poster
Location: Kailua, Hawaii, currently riding EH and OR kites (2013 Razor rocks!)

Postby Windrider » Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:11 am

SalmonSlayer wrote:I have seen this argument posted a few times here. If Fo will be back under a new name than what is the purpose of banning him or anyone in the first place? What is accomplished except temporarily appeasing the whiners?
Hopefully he will realize that, even in virtual land, it's important to maintain some aspect of responsibility and social norms. Stalking is not accepted. Repeated personal affronts that, if delivered in person, would probably lead to physical confrontation are not accepted. It's important not to shoot from the hip and hit innocent bystanders, etc. You know... reasonable social interactions?

If he comes back, hopefully it will be as he did in the past.... flying low, under the radar for a while as a valuable contributor to the forum before evolving back to the persona that gets banned. He can keep bouncing in and out, and, hopefully, make good contributions along the way. But, once he starts pursuing his old vendettas, then its time to bounce him again. Maybe he'll eventually realize that its more effective to be on-the-edge than over it.

rodeoclown
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Carkeek Park, Seattle
Style: Freeride
Gear: Naish, Blade, Ocean Rodeo
Brand Affiliation: Shop ambassador for Urban Surf in Seattle

Postby rodeoclown » Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:00 am

Fo is alive...and watching us now.
We're all gonna die!

Windrider
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Windrider » Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:24 am

Is he the one with the Hotline wetsuit on?

rodeoclown
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Carkeek Park, Seattle
Style: Freeride
Gear: Naish, Blade, Ocean Rodeo
Brand Affiliation: Shop ambassador for Urban Surf in Seattle

Postby rodeoclown » Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:36 am

nope.
Don't know who Fo is for sure, but this guy in the middle is just like him
A great guy on the beach, very knowlegable and a darn good kiter, but a freakin monster on a forum.
He's been banned from our forum, pissed everyone off I guess.
But now, I hate to admit it, I miss the bastard and his in your face posts.
Weird ain't it.
I think maybe kiters like get beaten on a regular basis, it just ain' normal without some pain.

Windrider
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Windrider » Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:42 am

rodeoclown wrote:nope.
A great guy on the beach, very knowlegable and a darn good kiter, but a freakin monster on a forum.
But now, I hate to admit it, I miss the bastard and his in your face posts.
Weird ain't it.
I think maybe kiters like get beaten on a regular basis, it just ain' normal without some pain.
Good! If you know him, tell him to make his next persona a little more like he is in real person, dealing with real people. Edgy views keep us all aware of our own position on the socio-meter. But, you know what happens to the highest and lowest scores in a contest... they get dumped.

DrLightWind
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Matheson Hammock Park Miami
Favorite Beaches: Crandon Beach, Hobbie Beach, Keys, St. Lucia, St. Marteen,
Style: Old School
Gear: Flysurfer15m and 21m Speed3 DLX
RealWind Mutant 148 X 40 and Directional 190 X 48, F-One TT 128 X35, Dereck Semi Directional 143 X 38 and 177 X 46.

Postby DrLightWind » Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:12 am

rodeoclown wrote:nope.
You meam Baboon, right :?:

«•«•^^~♫♪-□~| DrLW |~■-♫♪~^^•»•»

Return to “Kitesurfing”