Forum for kitesurfers
t0dD
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: where'd Fo go??

Postby t0dD » Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:21 pm

thERE aiNT nO FReedOm in HERe. BrinNG bACk YahOoooo anD StEfanO ROsso.....

KiteboardingTampaBay
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Tampa Bay area
Brand Affiliation: School owner,Kiteboarding Tampa Bay
Tampa Bay Kiteboarding Association
Freak Dog Kites

Postby KiteboardingTampaBay » Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:59 pm

Surff-
I edited it to keep from getting banned on here and on FKSA.
I am not well liked by some of those in the industry, as I tend to point out things I see as bad for the sport.

Why do I care?
Since most communication among kiters is through forums, I am forced to play by the rules. Getting myself banned doesn't help our cause and makes getting the word out that much harder...

Our locals have set up a safety-based, true non-profit, that kiters can be proud of and get real benefits from. It rewards kiters on their beach for being safe, having fun, and for doing good deeds in their community, such as beach cleanups and youth mentoring programs.(Our last local event had a day at the beach for 85 foster home kids and staff, some of whom had never even seen the beach before! They spent the day in the water with our local kiters, surfers, and windsurfers learning water sports and had a great cookout.
Best event I have ever attended, hands down.
Those kids would agree.
Its a simple thing to do, helps people, and can easily begin to change the image of our sport.
I am looking forward to the day we have a nice website to share all this information with all of you, its good stuff! (any web guys wanna donate some time to a good cause?)
Rest assured, it will truly be "By Kiters, For Kiters" with no need for moderators.
Feel free to contact me if you have an existing association or would like to set one up in your area.
Last edited by KiteboardingTampaBay on Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

surf-turkey

Postby surf-turkey » Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:06 pm

Quote:
I find it very interesting that Fo got banned but if you go to the facebook group 'say no to kiteforum' and take a browse through the members profiles you will find a number of people that belong to to it and who post and advertise on kiteforum like Shannon Best. I would think that this would be the biggest form of disrespect as it is directed completely at the efforts of you Toby and your website overall

Toby, still haven't seen a response to this however I have noticed that Best is still getting ad space after such a blatent show of disrespect. Curious as to how one is justified over the other. Perhaps the letters are in the mail....
Still waiting, but notice that waroo advertising is still going strong.....

Windrider
Very Frequent Poster
Location: Kailua, Hawaii, currently riding EH and OR kites (2013 Razor rocks!)

Postby Windrider » Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:08 pm

KiteboardingTampaBay wrote:Surff-
I edited it to keep from getting banned on here and on FKSA.
I am not well liked by some of those in the industry, as I tend to point out things I see as bad for the sport.
So... you were not editted, censored, or anything of the sort. You basically didn't trust that your criticism would be accepted, so you "self-censored"? (or is that "chickened out"?) That's too bad.... I have not seen Toby make it a practice of censoring criticism. Quite the opposite. He has been pretty thick-skinned in his operation of this forum. Get real.
KiteboardingTampaBay wrote:I am looking forward to the day we have a nice website to share all this information with all of you, its good stuff! (any web guys wanna donate some time to a good cause?)
Rest assured, it will truly be "By Kiters, For Kiters" with no need for moderators.
Feel free to contact me if you have an existing association or would like to set one up in your area.

Steve Sadler (813) 389-3683
Director, Action Sports Foundation/ Kite-4-Life
steve@kite4life.org
"No need for moderators?" Please hurry and establish your web site! Let the lessons begin! (your lessons on the realities of running a free Internet web site without moderators..... lol.... good luck.)

Oh, by the way.... I believe that "(any web guys wanna donate some time to a good cause?)" counts as solicitation..... damn telemarketers.... even on a free forum we get spammed.....

waynepjh
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Ozone edges and c4
Brand Affiliation: Ozone team rider

Postby waynepjh » Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:36 pm

I have been to fo's beach a few times for a week or more and only see this guy kite once for about ten minutes. Otherwise he is drunk on the beach trashtalking his local friends when they are kiting. What a great guy!

KiteboardingTampaBay
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Tampa Bay area
Brand Affiliation: School owner,Kiteboarding Tampa Bay
Tampa Bay Kiteboarding Association
Freak Dog Kites

Postby KiteboardingTampaBay » Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:53 pm

I edited them myself after the phone call I got from a moderator on Rick's site.
I never said I got moderated, it was a personal choice of mine to remove the post and not get banned.

Sorry if you don't like me asking for website help on the forums. our effort is 100% "grass roots", (meaning out of my pocket).
Since forums are a free communication tool for kiters, I use it, hoping there's other kiters out there who want to make a real difference in the sport.

Take the time to learn a little about it, and you might see its potential. :thumb:
I have... :bye:

Kevin Salter
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Wave
Gear: 09 Eclipse Kima's, Surfboard
Brand Affiliation: None ride what I like

Postby Kevin Salter » Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:37 pm

Earlier in this thread some one made the point that none of us were defending Fo or his posts and opinions,,,,,,,,,,we were simply questioning if some one should be banned cos of other members bleating.

If you choose to engage in a thread with any one who is not going down a path you like, isn't it your responsibility to ignore it and not engage with them ???,,,,,,,,,Otherwise its like being back at school and getting into a tussle ,,,,then running to tell the teacher .

surfboy1968
Frequent Poster

Postby surfboy1968 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:11 pm

Who is Fo :?:

Windrider
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Windrider » Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:45 pm

surfboy1968 wrote:Who is Fo :?:
Now that's a dyn-o-mite avatar......

... sorry... what were we talking about?

Windrider
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Windrider » Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:53 pm

Kevin Salter wrote:Earlier in this thread some one made the point that none of us were defending Fo or his posts and opinions,,,,,,,,,,we were simply questioning if some one should be banned cos of other members bleating.
I would expect that would be the best reason for banning.... 'cause of other members bleating... i.e. otherwise it would just be singularly subjective decision making.... If enough people are complaining about a particular member's behavior... and the moderator approaches the person with requests for behavioral modification... and the person responds with rowdy, combative challenges with continued affronts.... with the result being exile.... that sounds like fair process to me....

What else would you recommend?

Return to “Kitesurfing”