mz16
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

rent a room in Maui

Postby mz16 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:30 am

Hello,

I am traveling to Maui for about 1 month. I am on a budget, and would like to see if anyone has a room i could rent. I wont have a car, so would like to be within walking distance to the kite beach. I have been kiting for over 8 years, and cannot wait to check out hawaii for the first time. Anyone have any suggestions for hostels or anything like that? thanks

Dave_5280
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1997
Weight: 78 kg
Favorite Beaches: Kanaha Beach Park, Maui, Hawaii, U.S.
Style: Freeride
Gear: Switchblades, Contras, CF Raptor TT. Ozone Frenzy foil kites with skis. Fixed bridle foil kites on handles with MBS landboard. Progression Sports videos.

Re: rent a room in Maui

Postby Dave_5280 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:25 pm

Contact the kitesurfing schools on Maui and ask them if any of their instructors can put you up cheap and also let you ride with them down to the beach and back each day when they are giving lessons.

mdmaui
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Maui
Style: freeride
Gear: Globe
Brand Affiliation: Globe

Postby mdmaui » Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:02 pm

Id want a car for sure. Maybe you like hitching and walking. There is not much in Kanaha. It's kinda industrial. Paia would be a good start. There are some hostels there.

MehYam
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby MehYam » Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:13 pm

I was wondering - do people ever camp out and stay right at Kite Beach? Not sure if this is a good idea, but you could literally walk there from the airport, assuming you'd want to carry your gear and enough camping stuff.

mdmaui
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Maui
Style: freeride
Gear: Globe
Brand Affiliation: Globe

Postby mdmaui » Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:31 pm

It's kinda shady after dark. There will be people staying there, but likely not kiters! I'd mind your own business if you do. You can only camp on certain nights of the week, and you need a permit. I'm not sure if they really check tho

Return to “Kitesurfing”