Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Nemesis HP '09 vs. Rise Venturi '09

Forum for kitesurfers
aeberl
Very Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0

Nemesis HP '09 vs. Rise Venturi '09

Postby aeberl » Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:07 am

Anyone has tested these kites back to back (same size)?

nekitesurf
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Nemesis HP '09 vs. Rise Venturi '09

Postby nekitesurf » Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:27 pm

I've ridden the 10m rise 09 and the 10m Nemi HP 09 back to back on the same day in the same winds (approx 20-25mph, 4-5ft waves). I own both and wanted to decide which one to keep.

They really are quite different kites. In summary I found the Rise more on off on the power / depower. This is easy to explain as it doesn't have the 2:1 pullies at the bridle that the Nemesis has. The Rise has just as much lift as the Nemesis which is impressive. Both give you very large floaty jumps.

The bar pressure on the Rise is much lighter. The turning speed on the Rise is good but it is not even close to the Nemesis. I find kitelooping on the Nemesis so easy as it loops through the window so quickly. You can obviously slow it down by not pulling as much for more power but the options are there. The twister tech on the 09 Nemesis has made such a massive improvement to the turning speed compared to the 08 model. I haven't flown a kite that is a quick in the turn which opens up so many options.

The Rise took me some getting use to as it's slower in the turn and generates a lot more grunt through the loop giving you massive kite loops! This is an advantage or a disadvantage depending on what level you are. I am currently trying to master all of this so I prefer the Nemesis for tricks etc.

The Rise is much less prone to back stalling (venturi flaps probably have something to do with this). It is great for down the line wave riding as it drifts back very well. I find the Nemesis on the same day needed a lot more attention but being the quicker turner you can play around on the wave.

In terms of power, the Rise has huge grunt for it's size. The Nemesis is also a powerful kite for a 10m but the Rise just has the edge for me.

Both are contructed very well. I know everyone says that Ocean Rodeo are bomb proof and I certainly have had no problems to date and have crashed it a lot but up close the Nemesis appears to be just as well made.

Relaunch is better on the Rise but there isn't much in it.

They are both very different and both have big positives which is really annoying - as a result I still have both as I can't decide on which to keep!

I hope that was some use.

Return to “Kitesurfing”