*


All times are UTC + 1 hour



Post new topic Reply to topic
 [ 102 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Why are posts about Switch kites deleted? Shame on you Toby!
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:25 pm 
Offline
Frequent Poster

Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:03 pm
Posts: 409
Shocking! A public forum to openly share opinions...yea right! Talk about hidden agendas! How much do Switch have to pay you to allow their posts :lol:


Last edited by Jdizzle on Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Why are Switch kites posts being deleted? Shame on you T
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:33 pm 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 5:36 am
Posts: 8593
Location: Oahu
Jdizzle wrote:
Shocking! A public forum to openly share opinions...yea right! Talk about hidden agendas! How much do Switch have to pay you to allow there posts :lol:



You can criticize this forum for a lot, but man am I glad those stupid posts are deleted. Here is why:

They do not contribute.

Yes there is a lot of "pimping" on this forum, but most of the Switch posts are only distracting. If they had been contributing in the same way that kite-designer Bill was in a thread, then no problem, but most of them are in form of
someone asking for advice between two specific kites..not switch, and then a switch rider comes in " think out of the box and switch".."I have switched will you?" etc. etc...coming up with the same regurgitated stuff that most new brands have been through as if it was new. Build by riders for riders...etc.

The point is that if you contribute to the forum constructively then I am sure Toby will let the posts stay. If they are advertisements just to fill your teamrider quota as per the team rider policy at Switch then it might be deleted.


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Why are Switch kites posts being deleted? Shame on you T
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:56 pm 
Offline
Frequent Poster

Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:03 pm
Posts: 409
tautologies wrote:
Jdizzle wrote:
Shocking! A public forum to openly share opinions...yea right! Talk about hidden agendas! How much do Switch have to pay you to allow there posts :lol:



You can criticize this forum for a lot, but man am I glad those stupid posts are deleted. Here is why:

They do not contribute.

Yes there is a lot of "pimping" on this forum, but most of the Switch posts are only distracting. If they had been contributing in the same way that kite-designer Bill was in a thread, then no problem, but most of them are in form of
someone asking for advice between two specific kites..not switch, and then a switch rider comes in " think out of the box and switch".."I have switched will you?" etc. etc...coming up with the same regurgitated stuff that most new brands have been through as if it was new. Build by riders for riders...etc.




The point is that if you contribute to the forum constructively then I am sure Toby will let the posts stay. If they are advertisements just to fill your teamrider quota as per the team rider policy at Switch then it might be deleted.



Dude, over 90% of the posts I see on here are what you describe as 'not contributing'. Why discriminate? People are always harping on about how good their kites are...

Contributing to what exactly anyway? This forum is only a bit of entertainment for people, who cares? You? :lol:


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Why are Switch kites posts being deleted? Shame on you T
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:04 pm 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster

Joined: Fri May 04, 2007 9:29 pm
Posts: 1169
I recommend deleting this post immediately !!

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2373151

But then again, that would probably be to discriminate Gay behaviour :rollgrin:


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Why are Switch kites posts being deleted? Shame on you T
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:07 pm 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 5:36 am
Posts: 8593
Location: Oahu
Well, no I am not particularly impacted by the posts, I just think when it is a company policy that users have to contribute it can wrong.

Look at your posting history. You participate in a lot of different topics, you seem pretty interested in kiting, and to me have a profile I would describe as contributing.

If you look at the profile of a lot of the switch posters..they are pretty new. they only post really aggressively about Switch and buying it as if they were personally selling the kites....and it may seem that the only reason they are on this forum is to fulfill their posting quote set forth by Switch corporate policies. I mean I really do not know, but it seems that might be a reason. :-)


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Why are Switch kites posts being deleted? Shame on you T
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:12 pm 
Offline
Frequent Poster

Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:03 pm
Posts: 409
Dr_Rosen wrote:
I recommend deleting this post immediately !!

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2373151

But then again, that would probably be to discriminate Gay behaviour :rollgrin:


Totally gay behaviour! I wouldn't be seen dead dangling under my kite like that :lol:
For me kiting is about power and style, and that doesn't mean riding around unhooked most of the time. Just no gay moves...oh no stop it please :lol: :nono: :lol:

Each to their own though I suppose, that is what makes this sport so much fun :thumb:


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Why are Switch kites posts being deleted? Shame on you T
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:16 pm 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 16, 2002 1:00 am
Posts: 5626
Location: Denmark
Jdizzle wrote:
Snip...
Dude, over 90% of the posts I see on here are what you describe as 'not contributing'. Why discriminate? People are always harping on about how good their kites are...

Contributing to what exactly anyway? This forum is only a bit of entertainment for people, who cares? You? :lol:


Actually I think you underestimate the users :-?

And I care, a lot.

Meaning, I enjoy both the really useful and educating information you get here now and then, and the joy of watching others joy in words, pictures or videos, and the entertainment/fun too of course - and the joy of (hopefully) giving useful information to other riders :thumb:

Dont agree or believe that 90% is "not contributing" (or maybe years has learned to avoid most of these easy, so they are sorted away :wink: - although - earlier the percentage of contributing posts seemed a lot higher than nowadays, I'll give you that :naughty:

:D Peter


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Why are posts about Switch kites deleted? Shame on you T
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:18 pm 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2001 1:00 am
Posts: 29385
Location: World (KF Admin)
you are using this forum for free, right?
you are using splocs.com for free, no?
you have the free iphone app?

well, why is all of this free? Because there are companies supporting the forum and websites.
If no one supports, no free content.

The majority of the companies are happy to support sites like this, and they also get their support.

But there are also companies (businesses) who use the forum and don't support at all.
Now that would you call a fair business, wouldn't you? Advertising on here for a worldwide operating company is really low priced...any mag is WAY more expensive!
I rather would say shame on those companies! I am doing a full time job here, and need to eat too...does any of those non supporting companies give you a free kite? I guess not....you have to buy it...


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Why are Switch kites posts being deleted? Shame on you T
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:21 pm 
Offline
Frequent Poster

Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:03 pm
Posts: 409
tautologies wrote:
Well, no I am not particularly impacted by the posts, I just think when it is a company policy that users have to contribute it can wrong.

Look at your posting history. You participate in a lot of different topics, you seem pretty interested in kiting, and to me have a profile I would describe as contributing.

If you look at the profile of a lot of the switch posters..they are pretty new. they only post really aggressively about Switch and buying it as if they were personally selling the kites....and it may seem that the only reason they are on this forum is to fulfill their posting quote set forth by Switch corporate policies. I mean I really do not know, but it seems that might be a reason. :-)


I do agree with you mate, it is pretty shameless plugging! But this forum is full of it! Take Epic for example, I used to get so sick of their posts...but to be fair Dimitri has toned it down a lot recently!
Its obvious to me however that there is a more deep rooted reason behind the deletion of Switch related posts, I maybe wrong? Perhaps Switch should change their team rider approach, , maybe give their riders rules to follow.....like you cannot gatecrash posts with agressive sales tactics???


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Why are posts about Switch kites deleted? Shame on you T
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:23 pm 
Offline
Frequent Poster

Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:03 pm
Posts: 409
Toby wrote:
you are using this forum for free, right?
you are using splocs.com for free, no?
you have the free iphone app?

well, why is all of this free? Because there are companies supporting the forum and websites.
If no one supports, no free content.

The majority of the companies are happy to support sites like this, and they also get their support.

But there are also companies (businesses) who use the forum and don't support at all.
Now that would you call a fair business, wouldn't you? Advertising on here for a worldwide operating company is really low priced...any mag is WAY more expensive!
I rather would say shame on those companies! I am doing a full time job here, and need to eat too...does any of those non supporting companies give you a free kite? I guess not....you have to buy it...


Fair play, maybe Switch should donate?


Top
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic
 [ 102 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group