Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Why are posts about Switch kites deleted? Shame on you Toby!

Forum for kitesurfers
Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Re: Why are posts about Switch kites deleted? Shame on you T

Postby Toby » Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:39 pm

just like the others, rent a banner (can be the cheapest one), then I can add all their news, videos etc and all is welcome and this way it is fair for both parties involved. Plus the advertising they get out of their banners.
I just want to play fair, nothing else, but it always takes two! Then it is win win for everyone. And that's the way it should be! And I have some more money to put into apps etc...so YOU get more comfort!

ThePerchik
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby ThePerchik » Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:09 pm

Jdizzle wrote: Fair play, maybe Switch should donate?
Not a donation. They are buying a banner and they get a banner and the right to put some of the their PR and such on the forum. Seems fair.

dyyylan
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: N/A

Postby dyyylan » Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:01 am

So we're not allowed to talk about a brands kites unless said brand pays you money? lol

stefaans
Very Frequent Poster

Postby stefaans » Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:15 am

Yeah we are stuck with those damn Epic pimps as long as they rent one banner. Could we all pay that banner cost just to get rid of the Epic pimping?

Jdizzle
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Marazion and Gwithian
Favorite Beaches: Marazion
Style: Bebinner
Gear: Ozone
Brand Affiliation: Ozone

Postby Jdizzle » Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:24 am

dyyylan wrote:So we're not allowed to talk about a brands kites unless said brand pays you money? lol
If Toby doesn't want to let Switch advertise on here without paying that is fair enough, as all the other brands have to pay! However, talking about the pro's and cons of Switch products should be open to debate...free speech and all!
There is however, a very fine line between open discussion and blatant pimping, so I suppose it is also up to Toby to decide where to draw the line, no?

Er Presidente
Medium Poster

Postby Er Presidente » Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:36 am

@ Tautologies

Hey man I respect you a lot. I have to say you contribute and you answered many question about Naish products. But don't accuse other of "pimping" cause it feels like you do the same.
I still have to read one post where you do NOT like a Naish product and where a new model kite is WORSE than last year model. For Naish at least.....
So let's be fair.

Geronimo79
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Freeride
Gear: Epic Kites and Arise and Hyperflex
Brand Affiliation: Epic Kites and Arise

Postby Geronimo79 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:45 am

:roll: Jdizzle is a bit sour again since he himself is switch enthousiast (based on his replys in switch topics (wouldnt be suprised if he's a witch him self :baby: )). Switch (or other non-paying brands) topics sofar are deleted for obvious reasons. :bye:

They dont advertise on this site. So why should Toby allow them to use this forum as free advertisement when he has to pay al the things that come with a website. As soon as they do that they can have topics too. Sounds pretty much logical to me. They had a lot of room to start on this forum to begin with without contributing to the site.
Instead of bitching against Toby when he even gave them some room to start up bitch :angryfire: against the companys that use this site as a marketing tool but dont pay/contribute to it.

Almost all the new topics started about switch are teamriders/promoriders. Somehow crying for attention on this website. I understand it.. but comeone not that weird its deleted.
Cheap advertisement for a cheap brand.

@Dyyylan, ofcourse you can talk about different brands just not start pimp topics or "un"official topics. I've seen plenty replys from people in several topics about non paying brands. And loads of "i've switched " teamrider replys. (almost all are somehow promo/teamriders posts)
Dont think its a problem when you do a suggestion about a certain kite that could be good for the topic starter "what kite would fit my riding style" If someone really has a question about sWitch they have their own forum where people can get advise about a switch product.

In all cases dont start bitching on Toby for asking money for advertisement on his forum. I think it says more about the brands and what they stand for. Jdizzle is a bit sour again since he himself is switch enthousiast (based on his replys in switch topics (wouldnt be suprised if he's a witch him self :baby: )). Switch topics sofar are deleted for obvious reasons. :bye:

In all cases dont start bitching on Toby for asking money for advertisement on his forum. I think it says more about the brands and what they stand for.

plummet
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: EE
Favorite Beaches: NZ
Style: Terrain riding
Gear: Old wornout ozone.
Plummet hydrofoil and mutant

Postby plummet » Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:02 am

I recon non sponsered guys should be able to talk about what that want as long as its about kiting.

So if i talk about switch then i don't expect it to be deleted.

But since part of the sponsorship requirements of Switch are to post on forums I say thats an advertising format for switch and therefore they should pay the going rate for using the site.

eree
Very Frequent Poster

Postby eree » Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:04 am

stefaans wrote:Yeah we are stuck with those damn Epic pimps as long as they rent one banner. Could we all pay that banner cost just to get rid of the Epic pimping?
well, one can choose not to read Epic threads and to not to see their banners one can install some kind of ad-blocker. it's easy.

but the reason one doesn't buy kite magazines (both on-line and paper) is why he must pay for somebody's ordered and already payed marketing articles.
people join forums like this because they think free forums are free from annoying publicity.
sadly they are not. most of the frequent posters are affiliated persons, apparently.

and until now i didn't know there are quotas on posts depending on how much one or another brand involve in buying flashing and blinking banners here. i guess you can wright about north 24/7 here for
the next couple of hundreds of years without limits?

Geronimo79
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Freeride
Gear: Epic Kites and Arise and Hyperflex
Brand Affiliation: Epic Kites and Arise

Postby Geronimo79 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:06 am

hahaha just read a facebook post from switch complaining they are blacklisted :rollgrin:

"free speech" democracy" :rollgrin: :rollgrin:

maybe they members of Occupy maybe they will inflate their windscreens and occupy Tobys house ^^

(sorry couldnt resist ^^)

Return to “Kitesurfing”