Arcsrule
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Re: Carafino Updates: General Topic

Postby Arcsrule » Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:01 pm

on 10 july, i received the below email

carafino Jul 10 mrxx, Hi mrxxx
How are you? I have been painting boards. Sorry for late reply.

The foils are packed and ready and my guy up there has been shipping out items. The only issue is that we have been paying for everyones shipping, about 18,000 USD now. So he has been managing it accordingly.

I will email him now. It only takes 3 days maybe 4 to arrive East Coast.
Carafino

this, after being told on the 4th that it had shipped and i would have it in 3/4 days. it seems

zfennell
Very Frequent Poster
Been thanked: 0

Postby zfennell » Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:53 pm

bummer,
did mango actually offer free shipping for all of the 241 orders?

$18,000 seems like a lots for the 12 or so foils actually delivered.

unfortunately, regardless of the facts, there is not much to add to this story.

keep your fingers crossed

wind_rider
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: UK
Favorite Beaches: Tarifa
Style: Freestyle
Gear: slingshot

Postby wind_rider » Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:05 pm

Arcsrule wrote:on 10 july, i received the below email

The foils are packed and ready and my guy up there has been shipping out items. The only issue is that we have been paying for everyones shipping, about 18,000 USD now. So he has been managing it accordingly.

Carafino

this, after being told on the 4th that it had shipped and i would have it in 3/4 days. it seems

So we agree he is a liar of truly epic proportions.

One question though?

Why is it ok for you to post your greivance against him but it isn't for me.

And what gives you the right to tell me what I can/cannot say

Arcsrule
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Arcsrule » Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:17 pm

wind-rider, will you just go then f*** away ! Nobody can make a post with out your butt N !!! I got shit to say and you've fucked every thing in this thread. Thanks to your stupid ass, things have not happened that could have. I'm gonna start a new thread. and if you post on it at all, I'm coming over there and look for that little gay boat you suck at in your driveway and drag your scrawny butt outdoors for a good one! now go away!!!!m shut the F up! :allbegood: :allbegood: :allbegood: :allbegood: :allbegood: :allbegood: :allbegood: :allbegood: :allbegood: :allbegood: :allbegood:

Arcsrule
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Arcsrule » Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:20 pm

wind_rider wrote:
Arcsrule wrote:on 10 july, i received the below email

Carafino

because you are a prick, you are a tool, you can't even kitesurf!!! you are a poser, you are a wanna be. GO AWAY!!!

Tiago1973
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Portugal
Style: Freeriding

Postby Tiago1973 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:20 pm

wind_rider wrote: So we agree he is a liar of truly epic proportions.

One question though?

Why is it ok for you to post your greivance against him but it isn't for me.

wind_rider
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: UK
Favorite Beaches: Tarifa
Style: Freestyle
Gear: slingshot

Postby wind_rider » Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:48 pm

I really think you need to get some help with your anger management issues.

As for the personal insults and threats the local authorities at calshot and hill head in the uk are taking a particularly dim view of kitesurfers following more kids (those sodding children again) being ripped up in swim zones so I will pass that on to see what they have to say. But don't worry lads we all have insurance :wink: :wink:

donchin
Frequent Poster

Postby donchin » Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:41 am

Arcsrule wrote:wind-rider, will you just go then f*** away ! Nobody can make a post with out your butt N !!! I got shit to say and you've fucked every thing in this thread. Thanks to your stupid ass, things have not happened that could have. I'm gonna start a new thread. and if you post on it at all, I'm coming over there and look for that little gay boat you suck at in your driveway and drag your scrawny butt outdoors for a good one! now go away!!!!m shut the F up! :allbegood: :allbegood: :allbegood: :allbegood: :allbegood: :allbegood: :allbegood: :allbegood: :allbegood: :allbegood: :allbegood:

Hey buddy. Calm down with the physical threats. If you do not like the way he writes, don't read his shit, and learn to control your anger :nono: boy!

Don_C
Rare Poster
Local Beach: All the Greater Vancouver Beaches
Favorite Beaches: Kanaha, Maui
Style: Everything

Postby Don_C » Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:53 am

In Vancouver our Carafino experience has been quite different than what I read here.

A bunch of us ordered boards and one of the group put in the order and made the arrangements. The boards came first, early June I think it was. And a week or so later the foils arrived. This was later than we hoped, but not unusual for a new product run. In fact, at the same time as we ordered the Carafinos we also ordered foils from a well known company in Europe. They were promised to arrive in March and we have still not received any! Foils are new products and in my mind it is not unusual to have delays while designs are being changed and testing is done. I'm not complaining about the foils that have not arrived since I'd rather they get the bugs worked out before sending them to us.

It was just last week that I put my Carafino together and went out on the water. Here is a photo of 3 of the boards out that day.
Carafino Boards (Small).jpg
When foiling, I usually ride my Aguera board with Aquera foil and wings, which I really like. It's a true semi custom race board with high aspect wings that I find fun and easy to ride, and is really really fast! So, I was really keen to try the Carafino and see how it felt.

I put the large front and large back wings on the Carafino, got in the water, put my feet in the straps and dove the kite. I was immediately up and riding. No worries, no drama. Of course it felt different than my my Aguera, but still no worries to ride. It was slower, maybe because I was using the larger low aspect wing. The stance was a bit different because the board is shorter than what I am used to, and I think in general I like the wider and longer feel of the Aguera. Downwind, getting up to speed, I found the Carafino to be more loose than I am used to. Of course it would feel different since this was the first time on the Carafino and I am used to a different board, foil and wings.

There are are 6 of us with Carafino boards here in Vancouver. All the other riders are new to foiling but are all up and riding just fine. One is even racing even though he is really new at foiling.

So that's our Carafino experience.

ronnie
Very Frequent Poster

Postby ronnie » Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:10 am

Thanks for the info Don_C and the tone in which it was delivered.

Return to “Kitesurfing”