Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Carafino Updates: General Topic

Postby wind_rider » Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:22 pm

wdric wrote:
Tone wrote:wdric - I owe you a pint.
Ha that just might happen one day :thumb:
seems like a small price to pay for attacking someone who has shone a light on your sport in a way you don't like which has obviously touched some very raw nerves.

But hey f*** the children and we all have insurance right :wink: :wink:

wdric
Frequent Poster

Postby wdric » Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:25 pm

Gee, hate to spoil the wind_rider thread
No it is not me and dont bother asking why hes got no head, he is the invisible racers, you just never know where he is gunna turn up!
carifino.jpg

Starsky
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Starsky » Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:53 pm

wind_rider wrote:
wdric wrote:
Tone wrote:wdric - I owe you a pint.
Ha that just might happen one day :thumb:
seems like a small price to pay for attacking someone who has shone a light on your sport in a way you don't like which has obviously touched some very raw nerves.

But hey f*** the children and we all have insurance right :wink: :wink:
might wanna be careful repeating some of your favorites too many times. Might bring you up on the wrong kind of google search.

After a few thousand times people might think they are your sentiments.

wind_rider
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: UK
Favorite Beaches: Tarifa
Style: Freestyle
Gear: slingshot

Postby wind_rider » Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:45 am

longbeachrider wrote:
wind_rider wrote:My appologies Toby and I have started a new thread

viewtopic.php?t=2385520&p=848793

Still no positive Carafino reviews then :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Actually others are posting their experiences elsewhere. This little nightmare of a thread you started Steve is your little mess and others have moved on. Moderation should have shut this down weeks ago.

Two close friends are having a wonderful time on their new Carafino foils in Northern and Southern California.
Are they really having a wonderful time knowing the way these poroducts were sourced by exploiting 3rd world suppliers.

I was shocked and appauled when I 1st read this book about the way civilisation really works and I have spent years wanting to believe it isn't true.

Unfortunatly this is the best example I have seen in a while that premises 3, 4 and 5 are correct.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Endgame_ ... sen_books)

longbeachrider
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Long Beach, CA
Gear: Ozone, Cabrinha, Slingshot

Postby longbeachrider » Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:54 pm

wind_rider wrote: Are they really having a wonderful time knowing the way these poroducts were sourced by exploiting 3rd world suppliers.
Completely oblivious as you also appear to be given the source of kites, boards, sails, sail material, the clothes on your back, and the majority of your household and electronics items.

http://online.wsj.com/articles/samsung- ... 1405311837

wind_rider
Frequent Poster

Postby wind_rider » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:23 pm

I'm certainly not oblivious to these issues and its a difficult area trading with 3rd world countries.

I was recently acquitted in a case where because of direct action that was taken to stop arms being manufacturered where I live that are used to kill children in gazza. I am proud of what I did despite risking going to prision. I was prepared to make a stand then as I am now and please don't patronise me by saying I'm oblivious to these issues. Perhaps you could tell me about something you have done recently that made you feel proud at great risk to yourself.

I'm sure guys in places like indonesia would not be in favour of banning trade on the basis it may lead to abuse. Its a 2 way street with poor countries trading their way out of poverty and we get the cheap goods and services we want. I just wish we could do it without arse fucking the environment with energy systems that completely waste 99% of the resources consumoed.

It is possible to boycot companies like samsung they use child labour and carafino who have been involved in some very clear exploitation witness correspondance I have had from their suppliers.

Thanks for the heads up on samsung.

I'm pleased to say I don't own any of their products to my knowledge and they now fall in to the same category as carafino ie seriously damaged goods

Robsw6
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Local Beach: Hayling Island
Favorite Beaches: One eye, Sidi Kaouki, Big Bay, Gwithian & Hayling
Style: Powered
Gear: Reedins, Orbit2s & Surfboards (Cabrinha's & Naish), Nomad/TAD Mutants, Flash 4'10 & Naish Pro 4'10, Moses Hydrofoil & North Atmos

Postby Robsw6 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:09 pm

This thread should be renamed off on a tangent :roll:

longbeachrider
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Long Beach, CA
Gear: Ozone, Cabrinha, Slingshot

Postby longbeachrider » Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:28 am

wind_rider wrote:Perhaps you could tell me about something you have done recently that made you feel proud at great risk to yourself.
Unlike you and Mr C, I have no need or desire to speak publicly of my personal accomplishments, injuries, or such.
wind_rider wrote: It is possible to boycot companies like samsung they use child labour and carafino who have been involved in some very clear exploitation witness correspondance I have had from their suppliers.
Actually Samsung is one of the good companies because they do audit their supply chain and found issues which they addressed. It's the companies that don't audit or ignore their supply chain issues that should be avoided but impossible to know who.
wind_rider wrote: I'm pleased to say I don't own any of their products to my knowledge and they now fall in to the same category as carafino ie seriously damaged goods
You would have no clue if you did. A simple computer has many raw materials and parts sourced, manufactured, and assembled from all over the world. China is a global source of rare earth metals used in electronics globally.

Steve - Enjoy your Moth and its myrad of materials and components woven / machined / manufactured / assembled from the four corners of the globe. Its ok to be oblivious.

wind_rider
Frequent Poster

Postby wind_rider » Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:00 am

So I refer you to premis 1 and 2 in this

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Endgame_ ... sen_books)

I have audited my suppliers as best I can (as is my right to do so) and I don't like what I see at the Carafini corporation.

One of the wonders of the modern world (because of companies like samsung) is that despite the best efforts of those who seek to screw over peoople who they see as further down the social hierachy than them it is now possible for virtually anyone to share their experiences of forums like this

tkettlepoint
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Jellyfish boards custom boards
Brand Affiliation: Jellyfish Boards

Postby tkettlepoint » Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:47 am

I don't say much on here BUT what the hell does these last post to with MR C. I have nothing from him or nothing to do with him. but Wind you said you started a new thread why are you not using it?

I think you have promoted Mr C. enough.. even if it is bad promo it is promo... The more you post about him the more his name is online for people to find , if you are one of the few that post , people just think you have a pissing match with him... There are always 2 sides to every story.

I agree that the ones that got screwed for money or product should be pissed. But 50 pages of almost the same thing get really old...

And before you say I am one of his lovers. I can build my own foils and don't need to buy one of his... Image It is just getting old listing to one person bitch about himself getting screwed..

good luck with the new foil and best of luck in the race series just let up alittle about the pissing match you have with C.

terrie

Return to “Kitesurfing”