Local Beach: UK
Favorite Beaches: Tarifa
Style: Freestyle
Gear: slingshot
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Carafino Updates: General Topic

Postby wind_rider » Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:14 pm

james wrote:See you at Portland is correct

There is kite racing being held there shortly I think the beginning if next month up wind downwind as you like must of the kite racers that were at the edge cup and some of the local foilers will be there

As for why the beaches are not covered in foils?

Because it's hard. As you are finding for yourself

My invitation for help still stands, don't be so stubborn to ignore it.

Haha ok let's see what we can do. What are the dates? I have 5 days when I'm not sailin between now and september. I would love to do it myself but there are guys in portland that would represent the moths much better than me. Steph would be a fine competitor and she is THE person I most respect in the sport along with bully.

And yes its f'in hard that's why I'm doing it. If god had meant sailing to be easy he wouldn't have invented 18' skiffs

wind_rider
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2004

Postby wind_rider » Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:41 pm

Tiago1973 wrote:
wind_rider wrote: But right now world class events are being cancelled due to the self proffesed inventor of the sports behaviour. And that's a shame.
do u really belief this?

I know it

ozchrisb
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999

Postby ozchrisb » Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:37 pm

<offtopic>
<trashtalk>
We only got 25 foilers racing yesterday. The beach is "littered" with them. No Moths though. No wait one came out last Sunday, but ran away because, I guess, the wind picked up and there was chop. Apparently, even ex world champs can't even sail Moths where we kite. Or they don't want to line up against us. Moths are awesome, but have a lot more limiters on them compared to kites.
</trashtalk>
</offtopic>

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:46 pm

wind_rider wrote:
Tiago1973 wrote:
wind_rider wrote: But right now world class events are being cancelled due to the self proffesed inventor of the sports behaviour. And that's a shame.
do u really belief this?

I know it
sorry, but this is ridiculous.

wind_rider
Frequent Poster

Postby wind_rider » Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:03 pm

The threatening e mails have been published above and there were witnesses to the much more expliciut phone calls. I also have detailed accounts of the way his suppliers were threatened parts of which have been published abouve but I have been asked not to reveal the identity of those that contacted me as they live in constant fear of him.

He is a total disgrace to the word sport and should be banned from it IMHO

wind_rider
Frequent Poster

Postby wind_rider » Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:15 pm

ozchrisb wrote:<offtopic>
<trashtalk>
We only got 25 foilers racing yesterday. The beach is "littered" with them. No Moths though. No wait one came out last Sunday, but ran away because, I guess, the wind picked up and there was chop. Apparently, even ex world champs can't even sail Moths where we kite. Or they don't want to line up against us. Moths are awesome, but have a lot more limiters on them compared to kites.
</trashtalk>
</offtopic>

Good for you. Care to tell us where that was?

AMAC the moth designer did a great vid of his moth in large waves the other day and the answer is longer verticals to make sure that bastard horizontal stays where it should be as leaving the water is fairly terminal. Its horses for courses.

I wonder if a carafino goon was there to tell you moth friend to (and I quote) "crawl back under their rock of silly trailer sailors?

Here is another good stat.

UK sport funding for sailing last year and every year £30 million. UK sport funding for KS £0 ever

Starsky
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 0

Postby Starsky » Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:54 pm

wind_rider wrote:The threatening e mails have been published above and there were witnesses to the much more expliciut phone calls. I also have detailed accounts of the way his suppliers were threatened parts of which have been published abouve but I have been asked not to reveal the identity of those that contacted me as they live in constant fear of him.

He is a total disgrace to the word sport and should be banned from it IMHO

Yatch club bar stool rants

Im pretty sure he is not into racing. Dude didn't look like much of a rider, so banning him...... whatever. Ban his gear???? Pfffft. get back in your saab and go on back to your club with your pricey little dinghy in tow.

Tiago1973
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2008
Local Beach: Portugal
Style: Freeriding

Postby Tiago1973 » Sat Jun 21, 2014 12:02 am

i love SAAB

the car of my dreams

also dinghy race, so guess it relates

but in my defense hated the whole stuff

wdric
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 0

Postby wdric » Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:31 am

Are you serious?
Any so called "world class event" that says they are blaming anything some guy in bali who more than half the kiting world has never heard of does or says for cancelling an event is a joke, chances are these world class events were never going to get off the ground and there will be a heap of reasons behind the scenes that have lead to the failing of the event :o

There are many events that were going to happen in the past and there will be many more in the future that dont see the light of day.

Anyone that has been doing kite racing anywhere in the world for the last few years would not even give carifino a second thought.

It truly has got me beat why you come on here and repeat the same stuff over and over again, now that carifino is no long posting you are now at the top of the class for dragging the forum down and wasting every bodies time :nono:

BWD
Very Frequent Poster

Postby BWD » Sat Jun 21, 2014 4:12 am

i love SAAB

the car of my dreams
Ahh, the 900... I almost bought one! 1988, 2008, ...time flies.

BTW windrider I will beat you at your local and get your missus to sweep up after.
Carafino may be full of ...something.. but at least he can build foils.
Does windrider consider himself a gentleman?
is he titled? subtitled?
Does he hire the wolfson unit to analyse his stools?
What gives?
Why da h8?

Return to “Flamer's Paradise”