Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Are racists banned on kiteforum.com? Answer is yes.

Forum for kitesurfers
alamos_kiter
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: yes, I use gear.
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Are racists banned on kiteforum.com? Answer is yes.

Postby alamos_kiter » Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:06 pm

Thanks Toby, that was about time. You banned that racist thread by Jbrook about some beach in Paracuru to the flamer's paradise, where it rightfully belongs. Jbrook proudly presented himself as somebody not hiding behind an alias but being the proud himself, and when he was called out on that, he ran to you asking for removal.

I think - and I might be mistaken - that a copy of the full thread is already on another kite forum. Let's see!

Here's the thread (without the beefy face of Mr. Brook, which got removed):

viewtopic.php?f=92&t=2388237

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Re: Are racists banned on kiteforum.com? Answer is yes.

Postby Toby » Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:33 pm

since this will only lead to continuation of the former BS topic, this also goes to flamer's paradise.

Let's keep it there and talk about kitesurfing in the main forum.

Thanks
Toby

JGTR
Very Frequent Poster

Postby JGTR » Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:55 pm

Jbrook
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Jbrook » Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:34 am

I have not been banned you Barney?? Nice pic kook.
I asked to have it removed if Toby wanted to because one of the local boys said to me would do no good for them. I left it up to Toby to decide you douche bag Alamos kiter.

TheJoe
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Texas city levee, Galveston, El Jardine and Crystal beach.
Style: Freeride, Foil, Surf, a lil freestyle
Gear: North Reach 7,9,12
Brunotti TT
Moses 633/483
Dwarfcraft Micro
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby TheJoe » Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:25 am

Ok so when did Europeans become a race? And at what point did Jbrook claim superiority over any race or even mention race. So F'ing tired of people throwing the race card and they don't even know what they are talking about.

He may have been some what wrong with his approach to a problem at his local spot but that does not make him a racist. An ass hole may be? I don't know the guy so I will leave that judgement for another day.

alamos_kiter
Very Frequent Poster

Postby alamos_kiter » Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:45 am

TheJoe wrote:... So F'ing tired of people throwing the race card and they don't even know what they are talking about.....
Here you go then:

Cultural racism

Cultural racism is a term used to describe and explain new racial ideologies and practices that have emerged since World War II. It can be defined as societal beliefs and customs that promote the assumption that the products of a given culture, including the language and traditions of that culture are superior to those of other cultures. It shares a great deal with xenophobia, which is often characterised by fear of, or aggression toward, members of an outgroup by members of an ingroup.

Cultural racism exists when there is a widespread acceptance of stereotypes concerning different ethnic or population groups. Where racism can be characterised by the belief that one race is inherently superior to another, cultural racism can be characterised by the belief that one culture is inherently superior to another.

alamos_kiter
Very Frequent Poster

Postby alamos_kiter » Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:52 am

Jbrook wrote:I have not been banned you Barney??
I know your reading skills and text understanding are limited. Here's what it says above:

"You banned that racist thread by Jbrook about some beach in Paracuru..."

You understand? "Thread by Jbrook" is not the same as "Jbrook".

Jbrook wrote:Nice pic kook..
Thank you, it's one of my favorites. I call it "Captain Beefhead."

sijandy
Very Frequent Poster
Style: freestyle
Gear: kites and boards

Postby sijandy » Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:03 am

TheJoe wrote:Ok so when did Europeans become a race? And at what point did Jbrook claim superiority over any race or even mention race. So F'ing tired of people throwing the race card and they don't even know what they are talking about.

He may have been some what wrong with his approach to a problem at his local spot but that does not make him a racist. An ass hole may be? I don't know the guy so I will leave that judgement for another day.
Totally agree. For me this kinda crap being thrown about just trivialises it and makes a mockery of those who have deal with serious racial issues around the world. To call someone a racist is a very serious and insulting accusation and is done way to easily these days with no consequence for being wrong. No doubt that jbrook guy was pissed off and having a rant but I very much doubt he's a racist although most ppl on the forum probably now think he is. I feel the same way about those drunk sluts chasing footballers for money trivialising rape... pick the bones outa that mincers!

SSK
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Salvo NC
Favorite Beaches: OBX
Style: Surf
Gear: Cabrihna Drifters, Surfboards with 3 Fins

Postby SSK » Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:43 pm

Ok so when did Europeans become a race? And at what point did Jbrook claim superiority over any race or even mention race. So F'ing tired of people throwing the race card and they don't even know what they are talking about.

I thought I was the only one finding the humor and irony in this. Lets see... A bunch of rich white guys on a forum calling another rich white guy a racist for not liking the behavior of another group of rich white guys. Yeah, I say the race card is a little over played. I think if I was a real minority affected by racism (instead of another rich white guy) I would be offended.

Starsky
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Starsky » Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:35 pm

SSK wrote:

I thought I was the only one finding the humor and irony in this. Lets see... A bunch of rich white guys on a forum calling another rich white guy a racist for not liking the behavior of another group of rich white guys. Yeah, I say the race card is a little over played. I think if I was a real minority affected by racism (instead of another rich white guy) I would be offended.

And there you have it. This shit ball of a thread about a shit ball of a thread can actually lead to some decent discussion.

There are moments when my faith in y'all gets a little lift.

Gonna be a decent day.

Return to “Kitesurfing”