RRD kite manual

Forum for kitesurfers
Maris
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Maris » Wed Sep 04, 2002 1:12 pm

I downloaded Wipika and Cabrihna manuals and I hope that I will find answers to mai quections ther. But it would be beter if I had an Original RRD manual. And RRD ConvType is a beginer kite and for a beginer there must be manual. At least how to set up lines and some starting steps. Or may be not Windsurfing equipment also dont have any manuals! Than may be RRD can print a short manual un a Kite. :smile:

shunter
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby shunter » Wed Sep 04, 2002 1:33 pm

You are right its pretty crap that a beginner kite does not come with some sort of instruction manual.

Most of the shops over here throw in a free lesson and usaully a copy of a instructional video as well as a good sense of help amoung the kite crew. It is easy to forget that there are many people that are not near a shop or have support when learning kiting. It was this way here a few years ago when we started out.

Try and get a copy of an instructional video. this wont help wth reriging your conv. Have you tried e-mailing RRD.

As for self landing your kite there is a way that gives about a 90% succsess rate in lower winds and the following is what i do

1)fly the kite out to the dege of the window that you want to land your kite.
2)if flying a four line kite sheet right out to drive the kite right up the window
3)fly the kite a couple of feet above the ground and then turn it down/try luffing the kite out.
4) as the kite is driving down leading edge first grab the top back line (if the kite is out to your right this is the lefthand one) and give it a good pull. this will spin the kite so that it is facing into the wind leading edge down.
5) If the kite sarts to tumble back into the wind window just throw the bar. As the kite can power up and give you a good drag.
6) walk up the one line and throw something on your kite sand/board dead dog ect

Only try this if you have a clear beach down wind.

hope this helps

shane

Royce
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Royce » Wed Sep 04, 2002 11:46 pm

I will ask about the manual. A response I got from one source was that give someone a manual to an airplane and let them go learn. Better to get lessons than try alone with a manual. Also Every RRD deallership in the Carribean ( that I have deallings with ) gives free lessons with a purchase so the manual may be alot more trouble than it is worth. IE sell the kite to someone with the manual they go to the beach and go for it on a really windy day. I will uncover the truth to the manual sagga. I guess the reason I don't have one or know is because we sell the kite and all lessons and support forever there after are free. We give out safety notes but there is no subtitute for good safe instruction. If you read the Cabrinna manual it has some info and warnings but pretty much reads like the guidelines to possible disaster if that is the only training source you have. Kinna like building a desk with all the peices left over. More to come. I will go to the source of all RRD knowledge himself.

coxy
Rare Poster

Postby coxy » Thu Sep 05, 2002 3:14 pm

Hi Royce,

any idea when the new RRD kites (Supertypes) will hit the shelves and what sort of improvements we can expect?

Also, I know it sounds trivial but will they be supplied with bags that you can actually fit them in ?

Cheers!

Coxy

Royce
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Royce » Thu Sep 05, 2002 6:03 pm

Hey Coxy. If you are refering to the next season kites...I am not too sure of the release dates. As for the current kites we have them now, all sizes. They do fit in the bags now. We pay for shipping to anywhere. Check out the website kitesurfpr.com and you can e-mail them there for quotes etc.
Aloha Royce.

Return to “Kitesurfing”