emotion waves impact us ?

Matteo V
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: concerning of nuclear radiation ocean surround from japan

Postby Matteo V » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:19 pm

Kamikuza wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:25 am

Yeah -- stop letting con men run, regulate and control nuclear power stations.
Not even close.

"The Price-Anderson Act became law on Sept. 2, 1957, to cover liability claims of members of the public for personal injury and property damage caused by a commercial nuclear power plant accident. The legislation helped encourage private investment in commercial nuclear power by placing a cap, or ceiling, on the total amount of liability each nuclear power plant licensee faced in the event of an accident. Over time, the "limit of liability" for a nuclear accident has increased the insurance pool to more than $13 billion."

If liability for actual damage from a nuclear disaster was allowed to reach commonly awarded levels in other litigation, we would have no nuclear plants. The money in existence today would not cover the damage, over the 10,000 years or so it takes a nuclear disaster site to become somewhat safe, that an accident could inflict. And no private insurance would ever want to "insure" a nuke plant considering the potential for death and destruction that each plant contains.

So the Govt steps in, says no one can sue beyond this point (monetary value). Or, as in other industries like oil/gas/ammonia pipelines, you simply have a fee that each company pays the Govt for insurance. Then the Govt just steps in and cleans up the mess. And since each company pays the fee anyway, there is little incentive for actually preventing disasters.

So Kamikuza, it is your fault..........and mine......via what we let our elected officials get away with.......which is because no one realizes that it is the LEGISLATION that created the disaster..........not a CEO, company, investors, or "con men"........rather your ignorance....and the ill-informed public as to the real cause of this and every future disaster - us. This is the long way of me telling you where to point that finger.

Mossy 757
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: First Landing State Park, Virginia Beach Oceanfront
Style: Kitefoil
Gear: Delta Hydrofoil and board. Cabrinha Velocity 9m, Flysurfer Sonic2 11m, Ozone R1V2 15m

Postby Mossy 757 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:20 pm

LiquidXtasy wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:28 am
Well if you believe radiation in the ocean is safe because of your best friends daddy telling you and some story you read on the internet then keep believing it. I however have nothing left to say to you, you're simply just stupid.
My best friend's daddy has multiple PhD's and has spent his life studying physics. Can you point me in the direction of a more credible source if you're aware of one?

LiquidXtasy
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: The beach that's closest to my house.
Favorite Beaches: The ones with sand and water.
Style: 2 Feet on the board, 2 hands on the bar
Gear: I'm not driving right now, but when I drive I always start out in 1st.
Brand Affiliation: Your mom

Postby LiquidXtasy » Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:57 am

Mossy 757 wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:20 pm
LiquidXtasy wrote:
Well if you believe radiation in the ocean is safe because of your best friends daddy telling you and some story you read on the internet then keep believing it. I however have nothing left to say to you, you're simply just stupid.
My best friend's daddy has multiple PhD's and has spent his life studying physics. Can you point me in the direction of a more credible source if you're aware of one?
Open your eyes. What are the effects of radiation? Long term exposure can have significant health risks. You might be able to get away with short term exposure, but for the people living in california who surf every day, this is probably going to affect them.

What about the media? Do you think the media is going to scare everyone along the coast and tell them the truth about high levels of radiation in the water? No, the media tells you what you want to hear because they don't want to start a public uproar. That's why the article you pulled off of google was near the top.

Does your best friends daddy know exactly how much radiation is leaking into the pacific or is he talking out of his ass since he is a bigshot with a Phd? You can have a masters degree in physics and all this other crap, but the truth is radiation kills, and he has no idea how much radiation is leaking into the ocean.

dylan*
Very Frequent Poster
Gear:

Postby dylan* » Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:55 am

why do people with zero background in science argue nonstop about things they don't understand

there are very smart people looking at this problem. if you think you know more than they do, get off the internet and go do something about it

Galeltic
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: i m lost cause kiting adrenaline steal my soul with heart

Postby Galeltic » Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:01 am

LiquidXtasy wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:57 am
Mossy 757 wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:20 pm
LiquidXtasy wrote:
Open your eyes. What are the effects of radiation? Long term exposure can have significant health risks. You might be able to get away with short term exposure, but for the people living in california who surf every day, this is probably going to affect them.

Yes , media follow policy for calm people 's emotions , down than uproar to led to be chaos ! :nono:

What about the media? Do you think the media is going to scare everyone along the coast and tell them the truth about high levels of radiation in the water? No, the media tells you what you want to hear because they don't want to start a public uproar. That's why the article you pulled off of google was near the top.

Does your best friends daddy know exactly how much radiation is leaking into the pacific or is he talking out of his ass since he is a bigshot with a Phd? You can have a masters degree in physics and all this other crap, but the truth is radiation kills, and he has no idea how much radiation is leaking into the ocean.

Galeltic
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Galeltic » Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:02 am

good feeback , here with no matter of negative / positive effect situations !

jakemoore
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2003
Gear: More wing than kite

Postby jakemoore » Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:47 am

LiquidXtasy wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:57 am
You just need to wear a tinfoil hat and underpants when you surf. Not only will it protect you from the radiation, it will act as a sacrificial anode to protect your brain from rusting if salt water gets in your ears.

Galeltic
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Galeltic » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:25 am

LiquidXtasy
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: The beach that's closest to my house.
Favorite Beaches: The ones with sand and water.
Style: 2 Feet on the board, 2 hands on the bar
Gear: I'm not driving right now, but when I drive I always start out in 1st.
Brand Affiliation: Your mom

Postby LiquidXtasy » Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:19 pm

https://www.rt.com/news/fukushima-fish- ... ation-548/

Go ahead, jump right in. A physics expert with a PHD says it's alright, and so does the media. What could possibly go wrong? :roll:

The stupidity of this board has higher levels than fukushima, it's amazing that I still dive in.

Return to “Kitesurfing”