Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

@Dwight: Wavetray

Forum for kitesurfers
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Guest » Tue Sep 03, 2002 12:20 am

I have a 147WT and weigh 100kg, I love mine I think it's the perfect size for one board for me. I may get an extra wide 147 or maybe even an extra wide 157 when our lighter summer winds hit. 2 friends of mine one 83kg the other 90kg both have 142's and they love them as well.

When I first got my 147 I thought it may have been a little small - I think dwight may have even mentioned I should have got a 157 at the time, But now I am glad I didn't I am very happy with the 147!

Cheers
Callum

Louis Cypher
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Louis Cypher » Tue Sep 03, 2002 8:54 am

On 2002-09-03 00:40, Dwight wrote:
On 2002-09-02 17:33, jever98 wrote:
Near miss. His normal board is a liquid force 134.
The jury is still out for me, but I would like to try it again some time...
Ah, but that explains the heavy front foot pressure he's used to riding with. I used to ride a Jimmy Lewis wakeboard. All the grip is in the front foot. It becomes automatic to press the front foot when a gust hits. That's not the way a wave tray rides.

Yeah dwight may beyour right. When i think about how i react, when i get really powered by a gust i feel i put the load to the center of the board not to the tail. I even had to get used to the upright riding style with the WT. Can't do that with my 134 Rhythm like that without watching the fish :wink:

Greeetzzzz Louis

Postby Guest » Wed Sep 04, 2002 1:09 pm

whingers!

I own a 147, and although I have only had 2 good sessions on it (and numerous underpower and generally shite sessions [due to other factors]), I have had no trouble with it.

Sure it felt a little short initially, and sprayed myself in the face a couple of times. But all this was fixed pretty quick smart by playing with the trim, until I found the sweet spot. Maybe coz I get to ride so little I am used to dialing a board each time I ride (ie feeling like a gumby for the first 15 mins) that I found little problems migrating.

Postby Guest » Thu Sep 05, 2002 3:22 am

Are any of the WT's going to be at the Orlando Surf expo this month?
>^..^<

Dwight
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Florida
Gear: Any

Postby Dwight » Thu Sep 05, 2002 11:39 am

On 2002-09-05 04:22, Anonymous wrote:
Are any of the WT's going to be at the Orlando Surf expo this month?
>^..^<
It's a long flight from New Zealand. US dealers don't go though a US distributor, they buy direct. Yeah...it's cheaper for us.

You may get to see the copies from the big kite companies, but probably not the real thing.

jever98
Frequent Poster

Postby jever98 » Mon Sep 09, 2002 5:48 pm

Tested the wt 147 again this weekend on a lake. I did some good jumps by my standards, but couldn't seem to get used to the board. The wide stance and the straps being so close the the edge doesnt help. I have size 15 (US) feet, though.

Also, it didn't seem to edge as well as my carved. Really strange feeling I got from the board. Weird...

Again, I had some front fin catching and a generally unpleasant ride. May be it would have worked better with a narrower stance, but I will have to find out.

Dwight
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Florida
Gear: Any

Postby Dwight » Mon Sep 09, 2002 5:59 pm

On 2002-09-09 18:48, jever98 wrote:
Tested the wt 147 again this weekend on a lake. I did some good jumps by my standards, but couldn't seem to get used to the board. The wide stance and the straps being so close the the edge doesnt help. I have size 15 (US) feet, though.
Others have said the same. Peter T. (on this kiteforum) had his built with binding inserts and uses strap sandals so he could fit his feet properly.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dwight on 2002-09-09 19:00 ]</font>

Return to “Kitesurfing”