Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

how to land board off tricks

Forum for kitesurfers
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Guest » Thu Sep 05, 2002 10:03 am

I'm havin' trouble putting my board back on my feet in the air. Does anybody have any tips?

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Thu Sep 05, 2002 10:26 am

more airtime Image

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Thu Sep 05, 2002 12:27 pm

try to make a squat and quickly take the board away and back on, but stay in the squatting position. This way you have the board direct in front of you and you don't have to change the position in the air.
This will give you better control. Then when you feel more secure, start to move your legs. But always be very quick in your actions (or according to your airtime)

Good luck!

Toby

Postby Guest » Thu Sep 05, 2002 12:48 pm

thks! it did indeed work once, but I took the board off only 1cm and then put it back on immediately after!

Royce
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Royce » Thu Sep 05, 2002 1:17 pm

You need time in the air. Hang yourself from something then get a friend to time how long it takes you to get your board off your feet spin it then get it back on. For me between 4 and 5 seconds including about 1 sec to get board off. That means you need 5 seconds on land without worrying about the kite so with a little dislexia for the kite you might need 6 seconds ( to start with as you get better with the board this time will drop considerably). Go jump now and see if you can even stay in the air that long. Get someone to time you. If you do then you will have enough time to stay up there and get your board back on your feet. If not go get a bigger kite and jump higher. Its not a matter of how to land it is a matter of how much time you have. Good luck.

Postby Guest » Thu Sep 05, 2002 1:41 pm

It helps a lot if you use foot straps instead of wakeboard bindings :grin: he he

chicagokitesurfer
Very Frequent Poster

Postby chicagokitesurfer » Fri Sep 06, 2002 3:57 am

Get more air by edging into the wind harder before the jump. Height will definitely help, and if you edge hard into the wind, you'll get less swing under the kite, too. So you can concentrate more on the board and your hands, rather than what the kite is doing.
Light winds don't work for taking off the board!

V
http://www.chicagokitesurfing.com

Postby Guest » Fri Sep 06, 2002 4:12 am

If your not already, used the fixed loop and set the kite to be at full power when in the loop, now learn to jump big like this! you should find hang and height is increased because the kite is allways giving you 100% power!

HTH

Postby Guest » Fri Sep 06, 2002 8:10 am

thks eveybody. tried some more yesterday with mi X2 18m & a mutant hangtime is great. I also think you need a big handle in the beginning, especially when you're tall it's sometimes hard to even reach the handle.

hang high,
mabu

Royce
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Royce » Fri Sep 06, 2002 12:32 pm

Try kicking your board off your feet. It will save you some more time. And practice that a little for kickflips to board spins.

Return to “Kitesurfing”