Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Firebee!!

Forum for snow- and landkiters
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Guest » Mon Sep 02, 2002 12:04 pm

My opinion on the firebee after owning the 3m is you get what you pay for. I have had certain problems with the kite namely, due to a flaw in the bridle setup (confirmed by an expert at the recent bristol kite festival) the kite struggles to get any height and it is almost impossible to place the kite in an overhead position. Its to do with the aspect ratio, i think it may be possible to adjust the bridle setup to componsate, but it will be tricky. There is also and article on using powerings to increase the performance of the kite
http://www.infocus.tv/firebee/
this works for me

Postby Guest » Tue Sep 03, 2002 7:46 am

Hi
between the people in our group of flyers we have all the Bees and find them very good value for money.
I have recently started selling kites and am only slightly higher price than Pegasus, about £5.
Please look at http://www.gruntyskites.co.uk . The new Bees will be available in the next few days, 1m, 2m, 3, 4m, 5.5m, 6.5m and 8.5m.
Alan

Grunty
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Grunty » Thu Sep 05, 2002 10:24 pm

Hi
1m, 2m, 3m, 4m, 5.5m, and 6.5m all in stock at http://www.gruntyskites.co.uk
Al

Postby Guest » Tue Sep 24, 2002 1:30 pm

i did not think you were allowed to advertise on the forums!!

ian.wood0
Rare Poster

Postby ian.wood0 » Tue Sep 24, 2002 6:59 pm

I can't believe my eyes! you all think Firebees are great. Iv'e had a go of 2m-6.5m and I must say they are utter garbage. They fly slowly and need a lot of wind to get them in the air. Their upwind capabilities are absolutely crap and they have a small flying window.
Apart from that they are fantastic.

The only redeeming feature is they are very CHEAP!!!

Postby Guest » Sat Oct 05, 2002 11:19 am

So what sizes have you flown? A firend of mine owns a shop and sells quite a few of the firebee range each week! i am sure not all these people share your view on a good cheap kite! Perhaps your kite flying skills are not that good so you have to blame the product!!

ianwood
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby ianwood » Sat Oct 05, 2002 9:24 pm

Already told you which kites i've flown and i stand by my earlier comments! The reason firebees are selling so well IS THERE CHEAP!
A firebee could not hold its own against an equivelant Blade, Bronto or Echo and these are intermediate kites.
WHATCH MY LIPS "THE FIREBEE IS CRAP".

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 07, 2002 1:38 pm

All,

Ive recently got a firebee 3.0m and its a really excellent kite - have flown, blades, raptor & skytigers and the performance is very similar - A great buggy engine - especially if its kept moving and has the powerings fitted - and excellent purchase.

Postby Guest » Tue Oct 08, 2002 11:17 am

Hi all of u .....
i have read the threads here and hope someone can help me.
Some days ago i found the pages about firebee tuning with the so called powerrings. (http://www.infofocus*****) But now all infofocus sites seem to be down. shit ;( can anyone give me an alternate adress or a manual how to do it .... or tell me if it works .... ?? please!! many thx to all of u
yours stephan
p.s.: e-mail reply would be perfect to swirsing@gmx.de

Postby Guest » Fri Oct 11, 2002 3:36 pm

you say the blade is an intermediate kite i am sure the guy's at flexifoil will not be happy when they hear that!!

Return to “Snow / Land”