Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

spots in the caribbean?

Forum for kitesurfers
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Guest » Wed Aug 21, 2002 2:41 pm

i want to go kiting in dec/jan 02 where it´s warm. can anyone tell me an alternative to cabarete? which islands have in this season high probability of winds? which kites are to bring? any info about accomodation and links would be highly appreciated
many thanx in advance!
martin "wanna kite naked on newyears´s eve" from austria

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Wed Aug 21, 2002 3:37 pm

try Isla Magarita, Venezuela.
Should be nice at that time.
Puerto Rico as well, try the search in this forum, Andy posted something about Puerto Rico and he was very impressed.
Aruba, Barbados, etc all shall be nice.

Nice holidays!
Toby

waterman_antigua
Rare Poster

Postby waterman_antigua » Wed Aug 21, 2002 10:56 pm

Martin:

Try Antigua/Barbuda. The wind is cranking that time of year. You will use your 9 meter(surface area) kite, guaranteed. Kiteboard naked at your own risk.

Thre is a good local "kitebeach" in the north of the island with waves and flat water

For more info try the following.
http://www.kiteantigua.com
http://www.turq.com/antigua/
http://antigua-net.com/

Nik

Postby Guest » Thu Sep 05, 2002 11:16 pm

Hey..try San Andres Island...it's a island 400 miles of the colombian coast...colombian but we do not have all that problems... it's the caribbean...
15- 25 kts of wind constant mostly all year.. beatifull bay.. visit http://www.san-andres.com
http://www.chameynautica.8m.com

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Fri Sep 06, 2002 12:11 am

Andres_Santacruz
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: All Mexico: Laguna de Tecocomulco, Hidalgo. Acapulco, Guerrero. Boca del Rio, Veracruz.
Favorite Beaches: Progreso, Yucatan. El Revolcadero, Acapulco, Guerrero. La Ventana, Baja California Sur, Mexico. Ilho do Guajiru, Ceara, Brazil.
Style: Big Air and waves and freestyle.
Gear: Ozone Kites: Reo V3 8m, Edge V9 8m, C4 2015 10m, Edge V9 13m, Chrono V3 15m, Ozone Zephyr V5 17m. Core XR5 10m.
Boards: Fone Acid 132 2016, ASP NZ Stealth Custom 135, Axis Limited 140 2018, Axis Ultra 144 2015,Axis New Wave 5'8" Surf, Fone Mitu 5'4 2017 Surf, Camet Custom 139 Foilboard and Alpine Foil Access V3 Foil, Naish Alaia Strapless
Brand Affiliation: I sell Ozone,Core,Slingshot,Naish,F-ONE,Crazy Fly,Axis,Mystic,Manera,Pro-Limit & Dakine.

Postby Andres_Santacruz » Fri Sep 06, 2002 12:44 am

Hey,
My mother is colombian and I have been to San Andres, it is really beautiful, cheap, has incredible places to scuba dive, beautiful beaches, and not many people kitesurfing. And as I remember, it was windy all day long.
Try http://www.marinasilcer.com too, it is a great place for trade winds in Mexico, Close to Merida, Yucatan. The place is called progreso. No waves, but miles and miles of empty space to kitesurf in.
Andres

Royce
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Royce » Fri Sep 06, 2002 12:00 pm

Go to Puerto Rico first as part of your trip. Usually it is the first stop to getting to the CAribean anyway. Once you get here you can get directly anywhere in the Carribean. Make sure your ticket is changeable because after a few days here you will not leave. Puerto Rico has a huge amount of sailing spots, well over a hundred so you spend alot of time alone unless you bring a friend or sail here with us or go on one of our regular boat or road trips to discover a new spot. The web site is kitesurfpr.com. See you when you get here.

flesjj
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby flesjj » Mon Sep 09, 2002 10:36 am

Hey Royce is life expansive in Puerto Rico ? Is it fun there also for my wife and 3 year old son ? I like a place where there is some action !

Royce
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Royce » Mon Sep 09, 2002 2:17 pm

I love it. Been here three years. I used to live on the beach in MAui for 12 years and I like PR much better than Hawaii. The surf is killer, the kiting is better than anywhere I have ever been ( I travel alot ) but as far as bringing your wife and kids...hummm. If you have lots of money you can live really well. Middle income still living large, but the good schools cost an arm and a leg. The schooling is very average otherwise. The beach life is great.
Definitly woth comming for a size up holiday before selling the house and moving. The best thing here is the variety of things to do and if you want you can live the party life or the beach life etc. Wide variety of things to do and very cultural aswell. If you live to kite then you will visit, look around and move.
See you soon.
Aloha Royce.

flesjj
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby flesjj » Mon Sep 09, 2002 3:40 pm

Hi Royce. I was to short in expaining. We want to come over for 3 or 4 weeks. Last year we went to Cabarete but the wind and the weather was no good in december and the beginning of januari. Is there some kind of village in the PR a little bit like Cabarete with a real kitesurf scene good restaurants friendly people, safe to walk around for europeans like us ? Thanks a lot once again. Flesjj

Return to “Kitesurfing”