Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

calling all kitesurf ass.s'

Forum for kitesurfers
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Guest » Thu Sep 05, 2002 11:31 pm

trying again here. this time all kitesurf associations are invited to answer. be nice to see. (to make writing easier, ass. means association. so ass.'s of course is associations)

questions for kitesurf associations:

1. could you give us some details on your kitemare if you ever had one, without referring us to an incident database?
1a. how long had you been kitesurfing prior to your inicident?
1b. what happened? what caused your incident to take place?
1c. how bad were you inured? how long were you in the hospital? how long were you out of kitesurfing?
1d. where did this happen at?
1e. did any bans, rules or laws follow?
2. what made you form the kitesurf ass.?
3. how old is the ass. today?
4. how many members are in the ass. today?
5. (this question is for ass.'s with locked forums) is the topic of discussion on your forum about kitesurfing safety? if so how come the newsgroup isnt able to be viewed by the public?
6. how many bans has the ass. gotten reversed in your state or region?
7. if you were to estimate it, how many bans has your ass. headed off in your state or region?
8. is their a mandatory membership fee to join your ass. today?
9. is all of the current members paying members? if not, how did the non paying members get to become members and where can the rest of us sign up for that program?
10. what all does membership in your ass. offer to those wishing to join?
11. how long have you been kiteboarding? how often do you kiteboard? how many hours per week on average do you spend on the water?
12. how would you rate your kiteboarding skill level from these choices; begnner, experienced beginner, intermediate, expert.
13. i heard that to compete in florida you have to be a paying member of the fka. is this true? explain
14. does your ass. offer insurance?
15. i am visiting south florida soon, what is involved in my riding at crandon park?
16. where and how is the money from membership fees spent? can we as kiteboarders see these dollars at work for us anywhere in any way? is this public information and if so where can it be seen?
17. how many members in your ass. are pro riders?
18. what benefits are offered to businesses getting into your ass.?
19. do you participate in any competitions in any way? if so, how?

KC agin

Postby Guest » Fri Sep 06, 2002 12:24 am

oooopppsssss....
I thought this thread was an offer for ASS.

But in reading your questions KC, I bet your the kind that really likes to know ASS inside and out.

Next time you go check out some ASS, please refrain from removing your head -your breathe stinks...

Postby Guest » Fri Sep 06, 2002 12:46 am

On 2002-09-06 01:24, Anonymous wrote:
oooopppsssss....
I thought this thread was an offer for ASS.

But in reading your questions KC, I bet your the kind that really likes to know ASS inside and out.

Next time you go check out some ASS, please refrain from removing your head -your breathe stinks...

uncool. Here you are now trying to make something out of nothing. The questions have been rewritten, edited, and a few omitted and now you try to find attack and insults in the abrreviation used for association. Can you not just read ass. as association? Is that too difficult for you? Why I am even bothering with this message puzzles me. I wish not to come down to your level. I didn't come here to fight and bicker with you. I'm just here to read. let me go ahead and finish doing that now.

good day

Andres_Santacruz
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: All Mexico: Laguna de Tecocomulco, Hidalgo. Acapulco, Guerrero. Boca del Rio, Veracruz.
Favorite Beaches: Progreso, Yucatan. El Revolcadero, Acapulco, Guerrero. La Ventana, Baja California Sur, Mexico. Ilho do Guajiru, Ceara, Brazil.
Style: Big Air and waves and freestyle.
Gear: Ozone Kites: Reo V3 8m, Edge V9 8m, C4 2015 10m, Edge V9 13m, Chrono V3 15m, Ozone Zephyr V5 17m. Core XR5 10m.
Boards: Fone Acid 132 2016, ASP NZ Stealth Custom 135, Axis Limited 140 2018, Axis Ultra 144 2015,Axis New Wave 5'8" Surf, Fone Mitu 5'4 2017 Surf, Camet Custom 139 Foilboard and Alpine Foil Access V3 Foil, Naish Alaia Strapless
Brand Affiliation: I sell Ozone,Core,Slingshot,Naish,F-ONE,Crazy Fly,Axis,Mystic,Manera,Pro-Limit & Dakine.

Postby Andres_Santacruz » Fri Sep 06, 2002 12:53 am

This is bullshit,
For a long time this forum has been free of discussions, arguments, insults, etc. Guys, I would assume you are adults, why don´t you act like adults. Seriously, one of the main reasons I like this forum is because there isn´t that stupid inflatables versus foils attitude, and people are more open minded and accept other peoples opinions without trying to force their own upon them. You can tell there is a big European community on this forum, from this open mindedness. Please guys, don´t ruin this forum.
Andres

Postby Guest » Fri Sep 06, 2002 1:25 am

i dont want to see this forum go that way either. is why i rewrote the questions. i thought that i had them on target and to the point without being intrusive. guess i should have written out assocition each time instead of using ass. to make it easier for me. my typing skills are pretty poor and i type slow too. i think the tone in my first set of questions made some people assume that i am just trying to be a dick. i will submit my questions to the asocitions since i appear to be the only one interested in the answers. i was pretty sure that others would want to know some of it. i guess i was wrong about that part. sure sucks though that now i cant post here at all without it being viewed as insult just because of one post. in the future i will stick to my stupid, meaningless posts pimping the shit out of the emoticons. unless those are unwelcome here too.

KC

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Sat Sep 07, 2002 8:31 am

Hey Guys,

I think in his post KC just wants to know more about associations
It's not about anything to attack here. So you should be nice and not attack KC here.

Thanx guys

Toby

Postby Guest » Sat Sep 07, 2002 10:26 am

Hey KC,

Good luck with the questionaire,but I dont think the Associations want to give that sort of info a public airing.Maybe you should try to find their websites in the kiting magazines and try one on one - that way they dont have to share it with the world .Just a thought.
Good luck

Anon again

Postby Guest » Sun Sep 08, 2002 2:16 am

On 2002-09-07 09:31, Toby wrote:
Hey Guys,

I think in his post KC just wants to know more about associations
It's not about anything to attack here. So you should be nice and not attack KC here.

Thanx guys

Toby
you are an excellent forum moderator toby. i think your influence in here helps alot to keep this forum from becoming the typical yahooligans running amok. i was sincere with this post. i dont really know how to prove that though. I dont really want to try to either. it really does disappoint me though that no associations answered or replied to it. i and some friend are, well were, comsidering joining one, but not if they are all about keeping everything private, no respondinf to requests for information, and so on. my first post rubbed some folks wrong cause i asked questions that some found too personal. personally, i sincerely wanted answers to them too, but they were viewed as me attacking. so, i redid them, removed the ones that seemed personal or that may be interpreted as a shot at someone and reposted them. i got flamed again. when i asked if you type it all or speak into a program, iwasnt being smartass, i was being serious as i myself would like to know the program so i could get it, my two fingered typing skills suck. i asked what you do for living cause i am curious. but anyway, thanks for the support toby and thanks for helping to keep this forum the best forum on the internet.

i was considering sending the questions to the ass.'s through email for the answers, but i have decided not to even bother with that either. i can hardly believ that i am the only one wanting to know this stuff. i also believe that because i got attacked instead of supported by the list in general, is one of the reasons i have gotten no real responses. oh well. for now i guess me and my peers here will remain associationLESS.

that's me,
KC

(too lazy to add the smileys this post. this thread in general has my spirits too low to fool with them. sorry for those who enjoy them, and thanks again toby for turning me onto emotipad)

Postby Guest » Sun Sep 08, 2002 2:20 am

On 2002-09-07 11:26, Anonymous wrote:
Hey KC,

Good luck with the questionaire,but I dont think the Associations want to give that sort of info a public airing.Maybe you should try to find their websites in the kiting magazines and try one on one - that way they dont have to share it with the world .Just a thought.
Good luck

Anon again
oh oh...and thanks for your input anon, but i always have gotten the feeling that if someone doesn't want to share such types of information with the public that they maybe have something to hide. probably i am wrong about that alot, but it just doesnt come across to me as being on the level.

KC again

Return to “Kitesurfing”