Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Need help editing kitesurf footage using Adobe Premiere

Forum for kitesurfers
Andres_Santacruz
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: All Mexico: Laguna de Tecocomulco, Hidalgo. Acapulco, Guerrero. Boca del Rio, Veracruz.
Favorite Beaches: Progreso, Yucatan. El Revolcadero, Acapulco, Guerrero. La Ventana, Baja California Sur, Mexico. Ilho do Guajiru, Ceara, Brazil.
Style: Big Air and waves and freestyle.
Gear: Ozone Kites: Reo V3 8m, Edge V9 8m, C4 2015 10m, Edge V9 13m, Chrono V3 15m, Ozone Zephyr V5 17m. Core XR5 10m.
Boards: Fone Acid 132 2016, ASP NZ Stealth Custom 135, Axis Limited 140 2018, Axis Ultra 144 2015,Axis New Wave 5'8" Surf, Fone Mitu 5'4 2017 Surf, Camet Custom 139 Foilboard and Alpine Foil Access V3 Foil, Naish Alaia Strapless
Brand Affiliation: I sell Ozone,Core,Slingshot,Naish,F-ONE,Crazy Fly,Axis,Mystic,Manera,Pro-Limit & Dakine.
Has thanked: 0

Postby Andres_Santacruz » Fri Sep 06, 2002 8:31 pm

Hey guys,
A friend edited an awesome kitesurf movie of us kitesurfing in Acapulco 3 weeks ago. He is very busy now, and can´t compress it. I have the video on mini dv and passed it to a laptop with adobe premiere. I lasts five minutes and came out to be 850 MB! How can I make a lower quality video, around 50 mb? So that I can put it on the net for all of you to see? I tried using the help file from the program, but couldn´t do it. It can´t be to hard can it? Please e-mail me at mexkites @ yahoo.com . Also, is there anyone interested in hosting it?
Thanks in advance,
Andres Santacruz

kitesurfing freak
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Been thanked: 0

Postby kitesurfing freak » Fri Sep 06, 2002 9:01 pm

you can use the program: Movie maker.
It's free for windows users (so almost everyone, and standard on Win xp), you can compress the movie maybe to 10/15 mb, but it's not high quality.
You can compress it to divx, then the movie will be 1 /12 of the original size.

If you want I can host your movie.

Andy
http://www.kitesurfing-freak.com

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: kitesurfing freak on 2002-09-06 22:02 ]</font>

Postby Guest » Sat Sep 07, 2002 3:28 am

we'll get ya going. i run a day or two behind on email replies simply because i get 15-50 a day not counting any spam and sometimes i have to take a day off from them.
see what i'm sayin here?
in short,

you've got mail!

Postby Guest » Sat Sep 07, 2002 3:54 am

I dont know how adobe works but a great program which can convert it to any size and any format is MGI videowave 5. very simple insert you already edidted avi file in and produce then you just select the size and format and 10 mins later your got a nice 20 meg .WMV file

This program is so easy you also can do all editing and it has that vey basic CUT AND PASTE feel. has all sorts of effects too. and you just grab an mp3 you like and bam you got music.

DAMMIT I was trying to find address and roxio has taken over mgi and got rid of the trial versions of 4 and 5.

But if you have kazaa you should beable to get either MGI video wave 4 or 5 Trial or Full version

Rod

Postby Guest » Sat Sep 07, 2002 4:09 am

I have mgi video wave. I dont find it powerful enough to do what I like. I prefer adobe premier. Adobes interface may not be as simple, but it isn't rocket science either. But, if you wish to try the video wave, which i think costed me right round 200.00 as i got a movie editing control deck with it, you are more than welcome to it. But please let me know what you want and need via email as opposed to here. I dont get in here nearly as often as I do my email so I will reply faster, and I really prefer not to publicly talk alot about sharing copyrighted software or refer you to places to get bootleg copies of it. You've got my email as I replied to you a bit ago. Reply back with whats next.
You've got mail!

Andres_Santacruz
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: All Mexico: Laguna de Tecocomulco, Hidalgo. Acapulco, Guerrero. Boca del Rio, Veracruz.
Favorite Beaches: Progreso, Yucatan. El Revolcadero, Acapulco, Guerrero. La Ventana, Baja California Sur, Mexico. Ilho do Guajiru, Ceara, Brazil.
Style: Big Air and waves and freestyle.
Gear: Ozone Kites: Reo V3 8m, Edge V9 8m, C4 2015 10m, Edge V9 13m, Chrono V3 15m, Ozone Zephyr V5 17m. Core XR5 10m.
Boards: Fone Acid 132 2016, ASP NZ Stealth Custom 135, Axis Limited 140 2018, Axis Ultra 144 2015,Axis New Wave 5'8" Surf, Fone Mitu 5'4 2017 Surf, Camet Custom 139 Foilboard and Alpine Foil Access V3 Foil, Naish Alaia Strapless
Brand Affiliation: I sell Ozone,Core,Slingshot,Naish,F-ONE,Crazy Fly,Axis,Mystic,Manera,Pro-Limit & Dakine.

Postby Andres_Santacruz » Sat Sep 07, 2002 7:58 pm

Thanks guys,
I will let you know what went wrong, etc, tomorrow, today I am very busy.
Thanks for all your help.
Andres SAntacruz

Return to “Kitesurfing”