Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

You know you´re a hopelessly addicted kitesurfer when....

Forum for kitesurfers
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Guest » Mon Sep 09, 2002 5:50 am

OH YES. I KNEW THERE WERE SOME OTHER KITE POETS OUT THERE. Cheers and Goodwill and Divine Winds to you ALL!

1) you fight dancing turf wars like the musical of Romeo and Juliet with albatross and pelicans when they cruise over to check out your kite

2) you have an epic love/hate relationship with the god of wind and have considered making sacrifices

3) If the wind is blowing you can work miracles on broken equipment with chewing gum, duck tape, extra 600 lb Qline and zip ties.

4) you cant decide if youd rather reincarnate as a dolphin, a seabird, or a kitesurfer.

5) You are acutely aware when its windy at night, and when you are to dinner with your inlaws, and when you have a fracture or muscle pull, and, of course, during work. Im talking ACUTELY!!

a shout out to that guy who quit the job, left the wife and went kitesurfing....hows that workin out for ya??

Postby Guest » Mon Sep 09, 2002 6:13 am

The worse one is when you won't make plans to do ANYthing else because it MIGHT be windy...

One guy said his friends didn't like kitesurfing.... ditch them, non kitesurfing friend - what are they good for?

Ditching the job and wife to go kiting... nice, might try it myself... I already took a paycut at work to allow me to leave earlier to catch the afternoon sea breezes! woooohoooo!

I can safely say that yes I am addicted...

ciao
Callum

Postby Guest » Mon Sep 09, 2002 12:58 pm

This is very funny I can say im a victim to each and everyone one of these side effects.

But youve all missed 1
When not at the beach you fine comfort in the computer. I find myself looking at windcharts like ten of them then when I'm done about five minutes later im back in there just to see if the wind change a knot. Knot to mention checking my 20+ websites and forums constantly just to get the latest scoop on equipment, new video downloads and pictures or just to hear some guy on the other side of the world flew into a tree and broke his back. reply to everything that gives you a kick and if not Finding a reason to reply even though you have know idea whats going on. Then when all else fails making up post just like this so when you return to check it in 5 mins to see if someone has replied.

Ive always been a bit of a geek on a comp but since I started kitesurfing its has become ridiculars.

Well goto go BE BACK IN 5 :smile:

Rod

BLOWN AWAY
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby BLOWN AWAY » Mon Sep 09, 2002 1:56 pm

I currently have 7 wives and plan on spending $5000 on another 2....

It's great... I'd quit work for kitesurfing, I'd stay single for kitesurfing.... Incase you hadn't figured allready my 7 "wives" are my kites and boards.

If girlfriend gets in the way.... she knows where to go.... !!!

Lucky I work at night so i can play during the day.

All the time I never do anything else... even if it's calm, just incase a puff of wind might come along to parch the thirst of my wind starved soul.

I dream about kitesurfing and I wake up drooling.

Kitesurfing kicks some major major amounts of ass.....

BLOWN AWAY :smile:

BLOWN AWAY
Very Frequent Poster

Postby BLOWN AWAY » Mon Sep 09, 2002 1:59 pm

I'm fullon single and WILL NOT let a woman get in the way......

You know your dedicated when you're on a crowded beach on a hot sunny day and eveyone else is looking at half naked girls on the beach but you're too busy looking at the lovely white caps in the water.....

BLOWN AWAY
Very Frequent Poster

Postby BLOWN AWAY » Mon Sep 09, 2002 2:03 pm

No hangon a minute.... a REAL dedicated kiter is allways IN the water but is too busy quad backlooping and flying 50 foot skyward to look at anything unworthy on the beach.....

As for sunset sessions.... sunset sessions are great when the sun has ALLREADY SET and your still going hard.... need a miners helmet to see or use the moon to reflet off your kite......

BLOWN AWAY :smile: :smile: :smile:

MissionMan
Very Frequent Poster

Postby MissionMan » Mon Sep 09, 2002 2:54 pm

You missed the last one:

You girlfriend/wife asks you to take her away for a romantic getaway and you immediately plan it around wind and exotic kiting locations you've always wanted to go.

BLOWN AWAY
Very Frequent Poster

Postby BLOWN AWAY » Mon Sep 09, 2002 3:42 pm

What a devious and awesome plan....

Don't forget this when on holiday.....

the girlfriend sleeps on the floor and the kites in the bed!!

MissionMan
Very Frequent Poster

Postby MissionMan » Tue Sep 10, 2002 7:45 am

Don't even joke...I showed one of our local kiters a picture in one of the kiting magazines (name with held to prevent him beating the hell out of me) during a particularly quiet wind period. This particular picture was at the bottom of the page and pictured a woman the likes of a supermodel in a string like bikini. I pointed at the page and said "damn, thats nice!!!!" to which he responded:"yeah, I dig mutant boards!"

I haven't let him near my board since...

Postby Guest » Wed Sep 11, 2002 12:11 pm

dont get mad, get glad! anyone here may be the target of this post, so chill out if you get singled out. is all in good fun. i promiseImage

you are hopelessly addicted when;

you form kitesurf associations in your area to better protect your new love.(a few here)

you form and run kitesurf forums requiring you to log whole lot hours in front of pc. and you dont even mind because it pertains to kitesurfing.(toby)

you hang bars in garage and have your friends time your jumps at beach and then come home and see what moves you can pull and perfect in your garage while hanging from the bar for inside that much time.(royce)

you take the time to reply to 2 out of 3 messages on the forums, but you also proudly admit to it and that you check them every 5 minutes or so for new ones. to more seal your passion for kites, you name yoruself(blown away)

you can answr nearly any question to any body regarding anything about kitesurfing. even when you say you are no expert on kites, you still have a reply and generaly suitable answer for them in 15 minutes or less and we are always thankful(dwight)

you have a kitesurf website that has on it 100 megabytes or more of kitesurfing videos because you feel everyone should like kitesurfing as much as you do. and or a picture gallry online somewhere of you and your friends out riding(several here)

you live, work and do everthin in cabarete. you are part of a kiteschool/getaway making kitesurfing your entire life.(marina)

you know how to kitesurf bettrr than you know how to type, spell or even walk for that mattr, but you still try to humor on the forums whne is no wind out, usually ending up making more peopel mad instead of laugh(KC)

you like much hardware on your bar. so much that you never stop ineventing new mods for you setups. you have so many that you even name them after yourself(mels mods)

you reply to every subject that has certain keywords in them like safety, leashe, accident, kitemare, injury, runaway kite, bans, laws, etc, etc,

you plan your next place of residence aroun your passion for kitesurfing instead of what you should be doing for a living.

everytime you pass a windsurfer, you make some sort of rude gesture.Image

you have more than 200 posts on the kitesurf forum. more than 500 and you are raving lunatic about kiting.

you have more invested in your quiver than in your transportation.

the topic of conversation when you and your friends go out for a drink is kitesurfing.Image

you still take out some of your gear on no wind days just to do wash it, look at it and take a few photos.

kitesurfing is one of the only things you will still do sick or with a hangoverImage

you have for yourself a cool name you want to go by like flash does instead of using your real name.

you are at the beach warming up before any of the others get there.Image

when you are wtaching the superbowl you notice the flags on top of stadium blowing and wonder why the hell the people are still at the game.

you have to consume ibuprofen or similar pain relief on a regular basis. no pain no gain.

you have lot of new words in your vocabulary that you used to never use like blowing, honking, skunked, stoked, lofted, stomping, shredding, etc

you are not a morning person. you refuse to get out of bed before sunup for anything. unless it is going to be windy on day off, then you are up 2 hours before sunup.Image

you know more about the weather than your local weatherman. you think you are a meteroligist.

you are always working on your next scheme or excuse to get out of work the next windy day after an extended no wind period.Image

you keep your kites in your house or even living room fllow instead of in the garage where most people keep other beach toys.

you have iwindsurf as your homepage or set in your favorotes one or two mouse clicks away.

you have taken the time to read this whole topic and all of its responses while finding a huge amount of them describe yourself.

KC

Return to “Kitesurfing”