Wipika quick-release system

Forum for kitesurfers
Maris
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Maris » Tue Sep 10, 2002 8:14 am

What is the construction of new wipika quick-release system on chicken-loop ? Do the system works fine ? How much power you must put on release rope to release the chicken-loop ?

JMF
Frequent Poster

Postby JMF » Tue Sep 10, 2002 9:11 am

Hi

I tried out my Chicken release loop over weekend unfortunalty. I was walking back up the beach with my 11.8 Airblast and guy lost control of his kite I think it was a 8.4 Airblast and it tangled into mine..he was on his face so he could'nt pull out so I droped my bar and poped my chicken release. It released instantly under the load of the two kites and brought them down with ease. There was little or no presure on the release pin. IMO it done an excellent job. I dont know what control bar you have but Im using the new 2002 control bar from WIPIKA on my kites. The Safty release is alot better than the prevoius bar and is better designed.

Postby Guest » Tue Sep 10, 2002 2:42 pm

I can second that recommendation.

I have the Throttle bar, and I deployed the quick release on Sunday (kite was also on front line safety leash), no problem releasing under load.

Sake
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Sake » Tue Sep 10, 2002 4:56 pm

Yesterday I had to use it too. I was using a 2002 Wipika C-bar and a Toro8.
Just look how strong the wind was from 6 to 7 o'clock(page only visible for a couple of hours because of refresh):

http://www.waterland.net/cgi-bin/measur ... plate=wind

Well, it shows windforce up to 22 m/s. Normally you have to extract 1 beaufort to have the actual windforce. Still a LOT of wind!!!!!!!!!

Return to “Kitesurfing”