Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

which kite is the best right now

Forum for kitesurfers
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Guest » Thu Sep 12, 2002 10:02 pm

I am debating to purchase a new kite, between size 12 and 14. Should i wait till next season and miss out on all the sales. I guess i only need to wait if the quality of the new kites is going to be better.

If i do not wait which kite according to you guys is at the moment the best or one of the better ones?

Thx

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Thu Sep 12, 2002 10:11 pm

you should wait until the Rhino2 is out.
If it is about the same as the X2 go for the X2, since it will be cheaper.
14 is a great size, you will love it.
Or maybe the Skoop is a good choice and you can get it for a good price.

Cheers
Toby

Postby Guest » Fri Sep 13, 2002 3:40 am

It depends what you want it for...

wakeboarding, gusty winds, light winds, strong winds, jumps.

The only time I'd want a high AR inflatable is when it's a consistant 10 - 20 knots...

If it's gusty then people say ARC's are good.

I personally like the X2. It's very stable, no jellyfishing (not the 12m anyway), very good turning speed, very fast and great lift.. also tuneable as well which is handy.

But I ride using directionals most of the time and directionals suit fast kites that sit forward more.

But if the winds are turbulant and gusty I don't use my X2.. still doesn't handle gusts as well as other styles of kite (ARC, C Quad etc).

For real light winds I still use my C Quads (when inflatables don't even fly properly)...

BLOWN AWAY :smile:

Postby Guest » Fri Sep 13, 2002 6:45 am

Go for a Wipika Hydro 9.0 if you can get them on sale. Normaly it is hard to get good kites on sales :sad:
John

Mr Jo Macdonald
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Mr Jo Macdonald » Fri Sep 13, 2002 8:18 am

If you're looking for a sale kite you should be able to find a 2002 Slingshot Fuel.
Great kite, no-bridle, super stable, great upwind, durable, pretty easy to relaunch, best leash/safety system ever, and more low power than the manufacturer says

Postby Guest » Fri Sep 13, 2002 8:37 am

Wait for The MACH 2

F12-Flyer
Frequent Poster

Postby F12-Flyer » Fri Sep 13, 2002 12:38 pm

Go the Gurilla-arc 13m you will go APE!!!
just to make things difficult :smile:
Oh there better upwind then any inflatables have an awesome range on bar with inflatbles and are so smooth with great jumps and smooth landings.

But hey the decision is yours good luck....

Rod

Mo
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: The KiteHouse _ North Marina _ Liban Nord
Favorite Beaches: Langebaan, Ras Sudr
Style: Freestyle
Gear: DTK Mono 2020 15m, 2020 Mono 11m, 2022 Rebel SLS 12m, 2022 Rebel SLS 10m, 2021 Neo SLS 9m, 2020 Dice 9m, 2022 Dice 8m, 2022 Dice 7m, 2022 Neo SLS 5m
Brand Affiliation: Duotone

Postby Mo » Fri Sep 13, 2002 6:01 pm

You need to buy right now because definitely you need to buy more than one kite in the future. It is very useful if you have friends around who kite surf. you can try then different kites and choose one.

Now it depends on your physical fitness. If you're very fit and you can maneuver easily and used to tough sports as windsurfing, skiing etc.. and even sports in general (football) then you can go for a fast Kite as the X2 or. If you feel that you need a safer kite, you can try the Aero which is really good one.

I'm buying a new kite every 4 months and if you love the game, really you'll buy a lot.

Sake
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Sake » Fri Sep 13, 2002 6:22 pm

There's no such thing as the best kite. The "best" kite is the one that suits you and the local circumstances best.
Quality-wise almost all 2002 kites are good. It's more a matter of personal preference.

For example a Rhino flies way different then an AB2002 or Skoop. Some like the Rhino better and others the AB2002.

Definitly try a couple of kites if you can.

Postby Guest » Fri Sep 13, 2002 7:36 pm

Buy a Mach1 kite. I think you should get a good deal. Very good Quallity and also very good flying. Or wait for the Mach2

Return to “Kitesurfing”