Forum for kitesurfers
RickI
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: SE Florida
Gear: Cabrinha
Brand Affiliation: Cabrinha

Postby RickI » Fri Sep 13, 2002 12:58 am

VIDEO PREMIER PARTY!!!

Presenting the first South Florida showing of ...

"Ride Hard"

by Kevin Collins of Kite-TV and former editor of Kiteboarding Magazine.

Kite-TV describes this video as:

Almost two hours on nonstop action featuring top Pros going off from coast to coast.
Tips on how to set up your bar from pros like Martin Vari, Dave Tyburski and Hamish McDonald
The latest wave moves from Waddell
The latest light air tricks from Miami
Key West to Cuba Crossing exclusive video never seen before
Tons of fresh footage
Lots of hot girls doing what they do best & "Looking Good"

For more on the video including trailer clips checkout:

http://www.Kite-TV.com

This premier and kiteboarding bash are open to all shredders and shredder wannabe's at:

The Sand Bar in Coconut Grove FL
tomorrow night, Friday, September 13, 2002
from 8 to 10 pm

The Premier (and first keg) are sponsored by:

Cabrinha Kites cabrinhakites.com
Bic Sports http://www.bicsport.com
Adventure Sports

Kent Marinkovic of Adventure Sports and Key West to Cuba crossing fame and Josh Schwartz of Water-play.com tuned me into all this. So come on down to a South Florida FIRST and see hot local riders and World champs ride and style in great form. The Key West to Cuba footage should be incredible!

See you there!
Rick Iossi

Sand Bar & Grill
3426 Main Highway, Miami, FL 33133
(305) 444-5270

RickI
Very Frequent Poster

Postby RickI » Fri Sep 13, 2002 2:50 am

I received this email from Kevin Collins just after I sent the last one off. It included an important message for kiteboarders and forms the voice over of part of the script. Whether you can come down for the premier or not checkout Kevin's message and his website. You might even buy a copy of "Ride Hard", I am going to!

I was inspired by my (Kevin's) Kite Accident to write and illustrate this:

Kite smart........

S is for Safety....... ride safely................

M stands for measured...... Use a wind meter and watch out for squalls............

ayy stands for Assist other riders when they need it..........Kite boarding is hard enough by itself..... Lending a helping hand to someone launching or landing a kite will keep our tribe friendly and happy...... As more experienced riders we can spot trouble or potential problems and be pro active in preventing injuries or losing kiting rights..........

R stands for Radical.. and random........ Kite surfing has one of the highest adrenalin main lines of any sport out there.... If you pop just right you might take the elevator twenty feet straight up.... If you fly the kite right you'll glide back down for a smooth landing.... If you don't do it right then your in for the whip of a life time at the end of the worlds biggest sling shot..... It's that radical.. random nature of the sport that keeps us coming back for more no matter how much abuse we put ourselves through. ..........

T stands for time....... There is no substitute for time on the water with your kite....... Time also refers to timing your moves.... It's easy to get lit,..... sending it requires timing........

Remember, if you push your self to get better like the pr.o.s in this video... you're going to pay some dues.
So Kite Smart and Ride Hard.

Thanks for your help.

--

Kevin Collins Kevin@Kite-TV.com
Executive Producer http://www.Kite-TV.com

tel 321.956.3996

418 5th Ave.
Melbourne Beach, FL 32951

Kite-TV will bring kite boarding to the masses by giving it the appeal needed to quickly expand the user base. We will portray the sport as a youth led high action action sport that is open to masses.
Kite-TV will focus on the North American market but feature adventure travel from around the globe. Kite-TV will be the voice of the top riders but keep in touch with growing legions of sub 100 hours flyers. Get-lit and send-it with Kite-TV.

Sounds good to me!

Rick Iossi

RickI
Very Frequent Poster

Postby RickI » Tue Sep 17, 2002 2:51 pm

Just wanted to send an after action report in on the video premier. We had about 40 kiteboarders show up for the premier. It was a good time with wall to wall kiteboarders and TV screens with riding action.

It was great to see so much action from Wadell, the Kiteboard Masters, Islamorada events and the Red Bull Key West to Cuba World Record Crossing. All Florida Kiteboarding Association members should check it out as the FKA aided in aspects of planning and sanctioning of the three Florida events. There are also several Pro rider tips on setting up control bars. Our own Hamish MacDonald even gave some early tips on setting up a roller bar. At two hours length this video really delivers hot riding footage from coast to coast.

The Key West to Cuba sequence also has individual rider interviews allowing these incredible riders to toss out personal views on this impressive accomplishment. You will even get to see Paul Menta trussed up in bandages after getting fired into a bulkhead and dislocating his shoulder by the pitchpoling vessel he was on.

So, it was a good premier, great video and one I will be adding to my collection. I encourage kiteboarders to check it out, it is an entertaining video with lots of impressive riding.

http://www.Kite-TV.com

Kevin Collins has made a strong transition from being the editor of Kiteboarding Magazine into launching KiteTV and this new video. Also thanks to Cabrinha, Bic Sports and Kent Marinkovic of Aventure Sports for putting on the premier.

Rick Iossi

Return to “Kitesurfing”