NAISH X10

Forum for kitesurfers
aklbob
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby aklbob » Thu Sep 12, 2002 1:02 am

anyone know if this 'scrim' material is stronger than ripstop nylon, is it going to be used for all kites soon?? Is it more durable??

Dwight
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Florida
Gear: Any

Postby Dwight » Thu Sep 12, 2002 2:24 am

On 2002-09-12 02:02, aklbob wrote:
anyone know if this 'scrim' material is stronger than ripstop nylon, is it going to be used for all kites soon?? Is it more durable??
Look at the crinkled scrim on that brand new x10. It looks like a performance material used because it's meant to help the Naish team win. From those few crinkles, it looks to me like it wouldn't look as good as the old fashioned canopy material when you try to sell it 2 years from now.

Postby Guest » Thu Sep 12, 2002 3:09 am

I wouldn't mind placing a bet that U.V degradation on the material would be high too.

U.V deg is bad enough on the ripstop now, we really don't need it to be worse for everyday kites - i don't think the x10 is an everyday kite!

BLOWN AWAY
Very Frequent Poster

Postby BLOWN AWAY » Fri Sep 13, 2002 4:19 am

Can't wait to see the X10 being used around the beaches where I live..... sounds like an extremely advanced level kite for hangtime only.

I definately won't be getting one in the too near future... the X2 has plenty enough lift at the moment...

But it is just an example of where this mother that we call kitesurfing is heading... Hangtime kites, wakeboarding kites, kites for the waves......

I'm excited.... and

BLOWN AWAY :cool:

Postby Guest » Fri Sep 13, 2002 4:23 am

kites for the waves......
Now that'd be nice!

Postby Guest » Fri Sep 13, 2002 7:47 am

Scrim is stronger and much more stretch resistant than the rip stop.

But you are right, it will not be as durable, UV degradation will be high as well. I give it max two seasons.

Sean

Trikke
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Andora, Albenga, Tarifa
Favorite Beaches: Los lances, tarifa
Style: Waves to wakestyle, to g' old big airs!
Gear: '14 RRD 9m + 13,5m Obsession
RRD Poison 134x43, RRD AssoPigliatutto Pro, RRD Waveoff 5'6", RRD Domingo 5'8"x21"

Postby Trikke » Fri Sep 13, 2002 10:05 am

Yeah, Scrim is stronger than dacron and above all heavier. It doesn't matter,just because this is a hang time competition oriented kite and it always must be ridden OVERPOWERED:that is why probably they''ll release only two sizes of it.
This isn't a kite for everyday session and not for everyone.

Cheers

Return to “Kitesurfing”