Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Spoiler 140

Forum for kitesurfers
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Guest » Tue Sep 17, 2002 1:24 pm

Hey

I was wondering if anyone had tried the Spoiler 140 from cabrinha!

I normaly surf with a TT 180, and I am thinking about buying the board.

Is this a good buy????????????

MissionMan
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby MissionMan » Tue Sep 17, 2002 1:54 pm

I would maybe look at the new Double Agent
which allows for conversion from a small wake style to a mutant and also comes in a 140cm. At least in the beginning while you're getting used to the small size you can use the mutant style and then slowly progress or convert it for days when the water is rough and the directional fins could help you hold your board. The directionals are also nice for time you spend in the waves, and if you don't have that now, you might find yourself travelling there at some time and being able to convert your board when required for short periods of time.

The http://www.cabrinhakites.nl/prod-boards.html site says the new Double Agent is based on the Spoiler but with the added bonus of being a mutant.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MissionMan on 2002-09-17 14:57 ]</font>

Postby Guest » Tue Sep 17, 2002 2:04 pm

The boards are O.K. but a little bit on the heavy side. Good all around board but if you try a lite board then you will know the difference

Robert
Frequent Poster

Postby Robert » Tue Sep 17, 2002 2:04 pm

Hi,
If you are looking for even more options check out the following thread:
phpBB/viewtopic.php?topic=1761&forum=1

This is the Slingshot Morph. The name says it all!

Cheers,
Robert

MissionMan
Very Frequent Poster

Postby MissionMan » Tue Sep 17, 2002 2:59 pm

More option? The cabrinha double agent is the same as the morph, a twin tip is convertible to a directional or mutant, as opposed to a normal mutant which is just a directional with small fins at the front.

or check out http://www.cabrinhakites.nl/producten/2 ... ds/da.html

Basic interpretation of what they are saying (excuse my bad translation but I know afrikaans which is similar to dutch and german) It might not be exact, but pretty close so here goes: :grin:

The double agent sets new standards. One new concept, the convertible twintip, directional mutant in one (was released before the slingshot out of interest sake). It has the form of the Spoiler, but extra fin placements, otherwise its identical to the Spoiler.

With these configurations of the board you can choose to ride how you want. The foot straps are different to a standard directional but can be moved to fit standard direction or twin tip, otherwise everything else is the same. Nice jump, holds its edge and nice long fins for riding directional style (not direct translation, but thats the basics of what they are saying). Nice for riding surfstyle.

You can ride wake style and with the footstraps as they are you have a hardcore twintip. Nice transitions! Nice edge for freestyle! It offers a compromise between a twin tip and a directional

The double agent has also got the well known Cabrinha Step Rail, nice sharp rails, but the volume is also nice for planing.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MissionMan on 2002-09-17 16:01 ]</font>

Postby Guest » Tue Sep 17, 2002 3:10 pm

It is a nice design but Cabrinha have should make it lighter. It is very heavy without straps and fins.

Dwight
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Florida
Gear: Any

Postby Dwight » Tue Sep 17, 2002 3:26 pm

On 2002-09-17 14:24, Anonymous wrote:
Hey

I was wondering if anyone had tried the Spoiler 140 from cabrinha!

I normaly surf with a TT 180, and I am thinking about buying the board.

Is this a good buy????????????
Are you ready for a board that small? I rode the 150 spoiler and my wife rode the 140. The 140 is narrow. This makes it good for high winds or lighter riders. If you are under 70 kg it would be OK. The board is a little heavy, but rides very nice.

Backloop
Rare Poster

Postby Backloop » Wed Sep 18, 2002 3:06 am

I have the 150 and is a really good board. May be a little old compared with the Undergrounds and Radical board designs but rides very good, is loose and fun. I think like Dwight go for the 150 instead of the 140.

Return to “Kitesurfing”