NEW UNDERGROUND FLX SERIES

Forum for kitesurfers
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

NEW UNDERGROUND FLX SERIES

Postby Guest » Thu Mar 25, 2004 5:08 pm

These boards look interesting.

Anybody have information?

You can check them out on their website.

warssie
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby warssie » Thu Mar 25, 2004 5:40 pm

I saw the 132 last weekend, first thing I said was 'waaaaauw, this looks great!!'
The weight was great to, one of the lightest board I ever felt. Greay flex(no wonder with such a name :P ) I haven't tried it yet, but I want to soooo much :lol:

I'll post a review when tested :bye:

Sam

Taz P
Medium Poster

Postby Taz P » Thu Mar 25, 2004 10:06 pm

FLX SERIES
Underground is excited to announce production of the next generation of kiteboard, utilising the very latest technologies - coming soon to a sky near you.

The FLXs powerful outline shouts pop on demand and combined with a revolutionary rail shape and insane flex patterns, it simply eats up choppy water while continually delivering the ultimate in edging control.

Under some of the slickest graphics on the market is a durable PBT skin with shaped ABS rails and a high density PVC core - a construction process that is all about optimum flex and lasting durability.

Three well thought-out sizes make up the FLX range - and they each come ready to rip with Underground straps and pads, 4 x 40mm G10 fins, stainless steel hardware and grab handle.

122 x 36 Lightweight / Advanced
132 x 38 All round weapon
142 x 40 Light wind / Entry Level

richierich
Rare Poster

Postby richierich » Fri Mar 26, 2004 4:39 am

had the 132 flx out in the surf last monday and it blew my mind. by far the best feel on a wave ive ever had surfboard included!! best landing gear as well- can land super hot and expect a forgiving landing. the board still tracks upwind like a machine even with small fins. can't say anything bad about it actually. this will be my new all around board from now on. also perfect for sliders and kickers -yet to be tested....

ZenWind
Frequent Poster

Postby ZenWind » Fri Mar 26, 2004 7:13 am

Now all we need is for Underground to lower their prices. There is just no good reason to pay $600-$700 USD retail for a kiteboard! I like Underground boards as well as the next guy, but the price is out of whack; especially in light of the recent direct sales approach of Best. The prices are that high only because people are willing to pay it and not because the construction costs warrants it. Isn't it time to bring the prices of these boards down? In fact isn't it time that kiteboarding gear across the board became more reasonably priced? I am as guilty as the next guy in having to buy the latest board or kite at any price because of the increased performance, but that has only help to lead to inflated prices. I have nothing against Underground but I will no longer pay $600-$700 for any kiteboard regardless of brand or performance. I will no longer pay $1000 + for any kite regardless of brand or performance. My apologies to the Underground guys, but I think it is time to lower your cost to your dealers in order to bring the retail prices of your boards more in the $450 - $550 range. In fact if you lower your prices you would probably increase your sales by 50-100%. I don't think I am alone is vowing to never pay inflated prices for kiteboarding gear again.

kiteboardkorea
Medium Poster

Postby kiteboardkorea » Fri Mar 26, 2004 10:18 am

ZenWind wrote:Now all we need is for Underground to lower their prices. There is just no good reason to pay $600-$700 USD retail for a kiteboard! I like Underground boards as well as the next guy, but the price is out of whack; especially in light of the recent direct sales approach of Best. The prices are that high only because people are willing to pay it and not because the construction costs warrants it. Isn't it time to bring the prices of these boards down? In fact isn't it time that kiteboarding gear across the board became more reasonably priced? I am as guilty as the next guy in having to buy the latest board or kite at any price because of the increased performance, but that has only help to lead to inflated prices. I have nothing against Underground but I will no longer pay $600-$700 for any kiteboard regardless of brand or performance. I will no longer pay $1000 + for any kite regardless of brand or performance. My apologies to the Underground guys, but I think it is time to lower your cost to your dealers in order to bring the retail prices of your boards more in the $450 - $550 range. In fact if you lower your prices you would probably increase your sales by 50-100%. I don't think I am alone is vowing to never pay inflated prices for kiteboarding gear again.

Zenwind just took the words out of my mouth, In Oz underground boards will set you back 1300 aud, which is hard to justify with other brands now charging 400 aud for the same size board.
THere is no doubt in my mind underground make the best designs and should be rewarded its just tough now for me to justify paying THREE times the price for a UG board..... :o

Drew

jamesjrob
Frequent Poster

Postby jamesjrob » Fri Mar 26, 2004 11:40 am

Yup, I have to agree with you guys. I love my SWT 120 but my next board is not going to be an Underground, they are just too expensive in the UK. I paid £650 last year for mine adn I bet they are more expensive now. The dealer I bought it from no longer brings them in, either, since there are many other baords out there (North Jaime, etc.) that are just as good for £400 retail, not to mention Best.

James

SumbawaII
Medium Poster

Postby SumbawaII » Fri Mar 26, 2004 3:57 pm

I completely agree.

IF YOU ARE READING THIS FORUM, UNDERGROUND, TAKE NOTE:

I saw the board on your website yesterday and loved it. I immediately called two U.S. dealers (I live in NY), listed on your website no less, to ask when they would be receiving the FLX.

Their response? NEVER, unless I paid for one up-front, because the very, very high price made actually ordering stock commercially unfeasible.

Neither of these dealers stocks UG anymore.

Now, why would I (or anyone) pay $700-900 U.S.D. for a board I have never even seen?

I love your boards, UG , and want one, but unless your prices fall you may be driven into a very small niche market.

Westkite
Frequent Poster

Postby Westkite » Fri Mar 26, 2004 4:11 pm

Undergrounds are great boards-i've had four of them the last couple of years. people seem to like the new ones from couple of posts here, but these are just production boards, like most other companies make. yes they are state of the art durable with pvc foam and abs sides, but i've never ridden a board that i like that wasn't hand laid up, divinicyl, and glassed. On the price issue these should be cheaper as they are cheaper to make once the factory is tooled up to make them.

Wes

powerkiteaddict
Very Frequent Poster

Postby powerkiteaddict » Fri Mar 26, 2004 9:19 pm

richierich wrote:had the 132 flx out in the surf last monday and it blew my mind. by far the best feel on a wave ive ever had surfboard included!! best landing gear as well- can land super hot and expect a forgiving landing. the board still tracks upwind like a machine even with small fins. can't say anything bad about it actually. this will be my new all around board from now on. also perfect for sliders and kickers -yet to be tested....
But are they durable?

PKA

Return to “Kitesurfing”