Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Captiva/Sanibel FL

Forum for kitesurfers
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Guest » Thu Sep 19, 2002 8:13 pm

Has anyone kited in the Captiva/Sanibel area in Florida? I'm going there next week and I'm hoping to get some riding in.

Thanks

Spiggy

RickI
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: SE Florida
Gear: Cabrinha
Brand Affiliation: Cabrinha

Postby RickI » Thu Sep 19, 2002 9:54 pm

You should contact the FKA area coordinator for Sanibel, Roy Massey. His website is:
http://www.aceperformer.com/htmlfiles/welcome.htm

Have a good trip,
Rick Iossi

Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Guest » Fri Sep 20, 2002 1:53 am

Crappy winds this time of year, just like everywhere else in south Florida. The best bet is a tropical depression or hurricane brewing in the Gulf. This weekend could be good. It's too early for cold fronts which bring us our best wind. The beach at Sanibel Lighthouse is the Kite beach for any East wind, which can happen when a high sits off the east coast of FL. The Causeway works for West and NE wind, the beach just prior to the toll booth works for SE to SW wind. Ft Myers Beach is also a good spot for SSE to WNW wind. I don't know any regular kiters at Captiva, but should work with any wind with some West in it. Come back in October!

Return to “Kitesurfing”