Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Kitesurf in Acapulco Video

Forum for kitesurfers
Andres_Santacruz
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: All Mexico: Laguna de Tecocomulco, Hidalgo. Acapulco, Guerrero. Boca del Rio, Veracruz.
Favorite Beaches: Progreso, Yucatan. El Revolcadero, Acapulco, Guerrero. La Ventana, Baja California Sur, Mexico. Ilho do Guajiru, Ceara, Brazil.
Style: Big Air and waves and freestyle.
Gear: Ozone Kites: Reo V3 8m, Edge V9 8m, C4 2015 10m, Edge V9 13m, Chrono V3 15m, Ozone Zephyr V5 17m. Core XR5 10m.
Boards: Fone Acid 132 2016, ASP NZ Stealth Custom 135, Axis Limited 140 2018, Axis Ultra 144 2015,Axis New Wave 5'8" Surf, Fone Mitu 5'4 2017 Surf, Camet Custom 139 Foilboard and Alpine Foil Access V3 Foil, Naish Alaia Strapless
Brand Affiliation: I sell Ozone,Core,Slingshot,Naish,F-ONE,Crazy Fly,Axis,Mystic,Manera,Pro-Limit & Dakine.
Has thanked: 0

Postby Andres_Santacruz » Thu Sep 19, 2002 3:16 pm

Hey guys,
Finally managed to get a 2.9 megabyte version of the kitesurf in Acapulco video. There aren't any big tricks, but some nice jumps in the waves, a dork who destroys his kite against a lifeguard tower, and just the everyday feeling of our crew's sessions in Acapulco. The wind in the video is on one day about 15-22 knots and on the other about 14-19 knots. You can see it here:
[url]http://groups.yahoo.com/group/kitesurfmexico/files/[url/]
it is called:
"Kitesurf in Acapulco.WMV
Mejor calidad audio y video"

Yahoo only lets about 200 people download it per day, so hurry up, and don't get mad if it says you can't download it. I also have a 6 megabyte and a 20 megabyte version, I am willing to let anyone have it if they want to host it. The problem is i don't know how to send a file that big. My e-mail only let's me send files 5mb or less. Do you guys know how to use an ftp, Johnny(TBKS)?
Ok, enjoy, let me know if you guys like it.
Andres

Andres_Santacruz
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: All Mexico: Laguna de Tecocomulco, Hidalgo. Acapulco, Guerrero. Boca del Rio, Veracruz.
Favorite Beaches: Progreso, Yucatan. El Revolcadero, Acapulco, Guerrero. La Ventana, Baja California Sur, Mexico. Ilho do Guajiru, Ceara, Brazil.
Gear: Ozone Kites: Reo V3 8m, Edge V9 8m, C4 2015 10m, Edge V9 13m, Chrono V3 15m, Ozone Zephyr V5 17m. Core XR5 10m.
Boards: Fone Acid 132 2016, ASP NZ Stealth Custom 135, Axis Limited 140 2018, Axis Ultra 144 2015,Axis New Wave 5'8" Surf, Fone Mitu 5'4 2017 Surf, Camet Custom 139 Foilboard and Alpine Foil Access V3 Foil, Naish Alaia Strapless
Brand Affiliation: I sell Ozone,Core,Slingshot,Naish,F-ONE,Crazy Fly,Axis,Mystic,Manera,Pro-Limit & Dakine.

Postby Andres_Santacruz » Fri Sep 20, 2002 1:11 am

Just so it's on top
Andres

RickI
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: SE Florida
Gear: Cabrinha
Brand Affiliation: Cabrinha

Postby RickI » Fri Sep 20, 2002 1:25 am

Great job Andres! This is your first effort at a complete edited video with sound track? If so, you show a flair for it. Looking forward to checking out new efforts in the future. Also, congratulations on having so many riders wearing helmets. It is a great example for all the riders up this way.

Rick Iossi

Andres_Santacruz
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Andres_Santacruz » Fri Sep 20, 2002 3:41 am

Hey Ricki,
wish i could take credit for it, but a friend of ours who is just learning to kitesurf has about 10 years editing experience, and does all kinds of movie things for a living. I only compressed it which was a hassle when you find out by yourself.
Stay tuned,
We´ll have another one out soon.
Glad you liked it,
Andres

Johnny TBKS
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Been thanked: 0

Postby Johnny TBKS » Fri Sep 20, 2002 3:38 pm

Hey Andre,
Sure thang! We'll host your video for ya. We already dloaded the smaller version of it from Yahoo and will get it added to the site inside of the next few days. Going to be real busy the next few days with the Expo in Orlando.

If you like, I would/could set up an ftp for you to send the larger version that way. Although, when I think about it, the easiest way to actually send it to me would be using ICQ. If you dont have it, it's a free program(no, it doesnt cause popups and mad amounts of ads cuz it's free)you use to chat with people directly from pc to pc as well as send each other files from pc to pc. It's actually small to dload, safe to intsall, has been in use by millions of people for several years now, used worldwide(even recognized by this forum...the 2 little flowers in the row below with my profile, www, and edit buttons are from icq), easier to setup than an ftp, and can be dloaded for free at http://www.icq.com (top left corner of page has big green button that says "Download ICQ"...use it, not the newer, still under development ICQ Lite version.

If you are going to have to install an ftp client or icq just for this transfer, you will get much more enjoyement and use out of the ICQ program. You should prolly install ICQ even if you do already have an ftp just cuz of how useful it is and the price of it is right. Once you have it installed, just add me to your users list on it and send me a message. Then, we can set up a time to both be on icq and you can direct tansfer that bad boy over to me and I'll ftp it up to the website and get the buttons and links built for it.

Whatever you decide, just let me know. You get me faster through email than on the forums though as I only check the forums every few days or so. Talk to ya soon.

Johnny

Return to “Kitesurfing”