Peterlynn Guerilla 2 11.0m test vs PL Guerilla 1 10.0m

Find reviews of kites, boards and accessories
wakeboy
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby wakeboy » Thu Apr 08, 2004 11:19 pm

guys i got a g13 2 and it turns almost as fast as a 10 g1 so why is the 11 slower? ive also got the 9 g2 and that _is_ a quick kite!

fourperf
Frequent Poster

Postby fourperf » Thu Apr 08, 2004 11:39 pm

wakeboy wrote:guys i got a g13 2 and it turns almost as fast as a 10 g1 so why is the 11 slower? ive also got the 9 g2 and that _is_ a quick kite!
why is the 11 slower than what?

charlie_don't_surf
Medium Poster

Postby charlie_don't_surf » Fri Apr 09, 2004 2:03 am

I wouldn't say the G2-11 is significantly bigger than the G1-10????

I also placed them out next to each other....they have the same depth (roughly the same...the G2-11 has some BOMBA-esque contouring going on so the depth is variable) and tip to tip the G2-11 is no more than 80 cm longer. When I compared them, I was actually surprised by what I perceived to be how close in size they were and how powerful it [G2-11] is in the low end.

Relative to the G1-13, no size comparison.

Definitely agree on the low end capabilites...blew my mind. The opportunites I've had to fly the kite, my buddy was out on a SS Fuel 15 (often eating shit in the gusts though) and I was having a blast...jumps and all. Brilliant kite.

Kolahi
Frequent Poster

Postby Kolahi » Fri Apr 09, 2004 6:47 am

Actually in the air, the G10 seems to have a LOT less projected area, than the g2-11. Thats why i said it looks tiny.

bungo
Rare Poster

Postby bungo » Fri Apr 09, 2004 8:40 am

Why are you all going around talking about how fast a kite turns ,LEI still turn quicker and I want to see a post of one of you ram lovers(with pics) of you doing a kite loop on a peter lynn. Stop talking them up cause peter lynn is a guy. I would not piss on him if he was on fire. Wake up to yourself and think about what you are all writing. LEI’s turn so much faster and I put it to the test. Can anyone post a photo of someone doing a kite loop on a peter lynn kite. If so I will piss on lynn if he is on fire and wont bag him so much.

biggins
Very Frequent Poster

Postby biggins » Fri Apr 09, 2004 8:52 am

Ok, I think I can do a kite loop with one. I'll get my buddy to film it and show you. I may eat shit though due to lack of skill, but that's not the kite's fault.
J

wakeboy
Very Frequent Poster

Postby wakeboy » Fri Apr 09, 2004 11:42 am

errrrr :o try looking at foils.nl and see rod doing kite loops, and now shut your wasted mouth full of abuse, anyone who bullies anyone for any reason is a low life who does not even desevre to kite so chill out be nice to people and they will be nice to you otherwise you dont deserve to kite on any beach with that attitude!

Postby Guest » Sat Apr 10, 2004 12:29 am

But you Peter lynn lovers just talk shit up so much does it come with the kite? And well Wakeboy who the hell is Rod and where are the pics of his kite loop!!!!!!!!!!

Postby Guest » Wed May 19, 2004 10:09 pm

i bet you havent flown one. try one and then say you think its crap. im pretty sure i saw a few kiteloops on one of the f-arc vids on http://www.foils.nl as wakeboy was saying.

what these things may lack slightly in turning speed they more than make up for in stability

Postby Guest » Tue Oct 05, 2004 1:34 pm

I have seen (live in france) PL kites kiteloopin' and H-passin' and all what you can do with lei's. I think it's a long time they are doin'it. These kites look and move differnt in very low wind but when pressure gets higher they fly as any other, may be even better. New models are performing better and better while keeping all advantages of arcs. I really can't see all this arguing about. If you drive a Porshe, spyder or coupè does not make such a difference. More over blaiming Peter Lynn is stupid beause nobody can be 100% sure he is going the wrong way. It's just one more way to explore and I think he was kiting long before other producers.
So, to all talebans, keep in mid this word : RESPECT.

Return to “Reviews”