Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

1 kite for snow and water (facts no storys!)

Forum for snow- and landkiters
lada
Rare Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby lada » Fri Sep 20, 2002 3:22 pm

back from a kite-school in egypt, winter in switzerland is coming soon. i want to by my own kite + equipment now. are there on the market products that really let one rip snow
and water? is an intermediate-kite like the
naish - aero f.e. a solution?

chicagokitesurfer
Very Frequent Poster

Postby chicagokitesurfer » Fri Sep 20, 2002 9:04 pm

Tough question. Why? Because ALL kites can be used on snow and water. They fly in the air, so who cares, right?

Wrong. Bladders break, and if you're a beginner, you might want a foil for the land, and a blimp for the water. Blimps relaunch easier, they float, etc. Foils don't break if you crash them in a snowbank or tree, and if they rip, you just put tape on it to last the rest fo the kite session until you can sew it up.

So...if you're a good kite flyer, I would recommend an ARC. This is due to its "auto zenith" feature. You let go of the bar, and it flies up to above your head and waits until you dust yourself off. No other kite has this prominent a feature.

They are easy to set up in sand, or snow. No bridles, 4 line depower greater than inflatables, and simple to use. I use them on land, snow and water.

V
http://www.chicagokitesurfing.com

Andres_Santacruz
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: All Mexico: Laguna de Tecocomulco, Hidalgo. Acapulco, Guerrero. Boca del Rio, Veracruz.
Favorite Beaches: Progreso, Yucatan. El Revolcadero, Acapulco, Guerrero. La Ventana, Baja California Sur, Mexico. Ilho do Guajiru, Ceara, Brazil.
Style: Big Air and waves and freestyle.
Gear: Ozone Kites: Reo V3 8m, Edge V9 8m, C4 2015 10m, Edge V9 13m, Chrono V3 15m, Ozone Zephyr V5 17m. Core XR5 10m.
Boards: Fone Acid 132 2016, ASP NZ Stealth Custom 135, Axis Limited 140 2018, Axis Ultra 144 2015,Axis New Wave 5'8" Surf, Fone Mitu 5'4 2017 Surf, Camet Custom 139 Foilboard and Alpine Foil Access V3 Foil, Naish Alaia Strapless
Brand Affiliation: I sell Ozone,Core,Slingshot,Naish,F-ONE,Crazy Fly,Axis,Mystic,Manera,Pro-Limit & Dakine.

Postby Andres_Santacruz » Sat Sep 21, 2002 9:36 am

Andres_Santacruz
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: All Mexico: Laguna de Tecocomulco, Hidalgo. Acapulco, Guerrero. Boca del Rio, Veracruz.
Favorite Beaches: Progreso, Yucatan. El Revolcadero, Acapulco, Guerrero. La Ventana, Baja California Sur, Mexico. Ilho do Guajiru, Ceara, Brazil.
Style: Big Air and waves and freestyle.
Gear: Ozone Kites: Reo V3 8m, Edge V9 8m, C4 2015 10m, Edge V9 13m, Chrono V3 15m, Ozone Zephyr V5 17m. Core XR5 10m.
Boards: Fone Acid 132 2016, ASP NZ Stealth Custom 135, Axis Limited 140 2018, Axis Ultra 144 2015,Axis New Wave 5'8" Surf, Fone Mitu 5'4 2017 Surf, Camet Custom 139 Foilboard and Alpine Foil Access V3 Foil, Naish Alaia Strapless
Brand Affiliation: I sell Ozone,Core,Slingshot,Naish,F-ONE,Crazy Fly,Axis,Mystic,Manera,Pro-Limit & Dakine.

Postby Andres_Santacruz » Sat Sep 21, 2002 9:40 am

Sorry about the last post, my mistake.
Well, i have a warrior 9.3 from flysurfer.de, and it works very well on the water and also on land for kitemountainboarding. I would imagine it works great on snow too. There are a lot of people using them on snow in germany, they say they love them. try to demo one, you will not regret it
Andres

Paraflysurf
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Paraflysurf » Sat Sep 21, 2002 9:36 pm

There are two kites that I know you can run on land and water and have fun.

1.) Advance Rhea

2.) XXtreeme ( by Ted Dougherty)

Why dont you visit our homepage. There you can see both of them.

Regards

Your Paraflysurf Team

edmis
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby edmis » Wed Sep 25, 2002 2:21 pm

try new foils boom, rhea or flysurfer. tubes are too difficult to relaunch on snow. kiting on snow is so much easier than on water in fact.

Postby Guest » Thu Sep 26, 2002 5:55 am

I reccomend one of the newer style sheetable foils like the previous poster. I have the flysurfer warrior 16.5 and I beleive it is much easier to water relaunch than a high aspect tube kite.

Flysurfer also markets the maniac which has shorter vlaves for land use and add-on extensions for the water - Can't see why you'd need them though as my warrior self-inflates very quickly even in wind too light to kitesurf with it. The maniac might be more docile kite for the rank beginner (ecp smaller sizes in higher winds) but my warrior is pretty user friendly.

Postby Guest » Fri Oct 11, 2002 6:52 am

Is 9.3 Warrior a good size for me as a winter kite. I weight about 86kg. Planning on using it with a snowboardin in 4-8 m/s winds.

Postby Guest » Thu Oct 17, 2002 2:54 pm

I LIVE IN SUISSE ME TOO. I HAVE SOMETHING FOR YUO IF U WANT.
E-MAIL ME

WILLY

Return to “Snow / Land”