Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

BEST YARGA 11 mtr TEST NO SHOCK SHOCK !!!!

Find reviews of kites, boards and accessories
Boardwiser
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

BEST YARGA 11 mtr TEST NO SHOCK SHOCK !!!!

Postby Boardwiser » Tue Apr 06, 2004 8:58 pm

Got my hands on the Yarga 11 mtr on Sunday for a little demo session organised by the UK Best rep Simon better know as SQ.

Well heard and read so much about these kites so I was anxious to get my hands on one to pull the seems apart, burst the bladders, get jelly fished, lofted and get dragged up the beach ripped flesh hanging off and crash and burn !!!!!!!!!! well thats you would expect after reading all the crap. Well......and it's a big WELL.... I was pleasantly surprised to say the least. The Yarga is a similar looking kite to most high aspect, vortex stabilisers and thin LE and struts, she inflated without any problems, not a SS one pump shame but just like all the rest. Lines attached and away, winds were a steady 20 kts onshore and the chosen board was a Hanacrew Genesis Mk2. Once I had settled into the first reach realised that the kite actually flew and flew VERY well, steadyI banged on the power and ripped up wind kite low loaded up to the max and screaming up wind, steady as a rock and sat nicley at the front of the window. So well here goes the truth or bust, drifted the kite up to about 10 o clock settled down and sent her back, release edge and up.

up

up

up

bottle going at this stage brought the kite back over head and glided went up again and slowly glided to a very soft landing, impressed I thought but must of been a fluke on my behalf so off again and again for three hours I jumped this little kite for all it was worth and I must be honest it is a solid, rock steady jumping machine. So for all the crap on this forum from people who have probably not even sailed a best kite well I have and it was very nice too and yes I was VERY surprised indeed as up to Sunday I had my doubts as well. Not tried the Nemesis as yet as that is supposed to have even greater lift and hangtime, we will see eh

happy kiting

FLip

fabinhoj
Frequent Poster

Postby fabinhoj » Tue Apr 06, 2004 10:20 pm

what are your other kites ?
cheers
Fabio

ps- tks for the review !

sq225917
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1996
Local Beach: Cleethorpes, Hunstanton, Lytham
Gear: Eleveight and Flysurfer

Postby sq225917 » Tue Apr 06, 2004 11:16 pm

he rides fuels...

Boardwiser
Rare Poster

Postby Boardwiser » Wed Apr 07, 2004 6:32 am

oops sos about that Fab, yep 04 Fuels, it was late last night when I wrote that last night.

FLip.

mickpilch
Very Frequent Poster

Postby mickpilch » Wed Apr 07, 2004 10:51 am

Flipper baby, how's it going?

Has the tan worn off yet?

Me & Jonny Flip are still threatening to come down to see you for a cuba libre or two sometime :bye:

Obsessed
Rare Poster

Postby Obsessed » Fri Apr 16, 2004 2:27 am

My Yarga 11 is my favorite kite. It pulls like a 12 or 14 but turns like a 9. It's a kitelooping machine.

Kite-D
Medium Poster
Local Beach: SPAIN
Brand Affiliation: Kitefrenzy rider

Postby Kite-D » Sat Apr 17, 2004 1:44 am

I love my red nemesis 16, it has great power, lift and hang-time, and turns like a 12!!!!!
:thumb:

Return to “Reviews”