Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

2003 SlingShot Gear: The news and info we want:

Forum for kitesurfers
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Guest » Wed Sep 25, 2002 9:07 am

Hey Slingshots were the slowest kites so far ,i cant see the reason of these atachment points,wana make them slower?

Postby Guest » Wed Sep 25, 2002 3:27 pm

oh no. if yout think slingshots are slow then you really need to go fly one friend. your are in for a serious surprise. the reason for the attachment points i think has been covered here and on tampabaykitesurf news. i'm about to leave here now and go meet with johnny to fly the 2003's further. i will let him know whats being said here so that he can reply to you himself.

BigM

Zoomie

Postby Zoomie » Wed Sep 25, 2002 4:23 pm

Thanks for the info Johnny. Even though I did not ask about the other boards in my original post, I found the descriptions quite helpful.

I am a newer rider that has been learning on a 6'6 directional. Most of my experience has been in underpowered conditions (that's the way it goes I guess when you weigh in more than two bucks), but the wind is starting to light up around here with the approach of winter. Thus, I am in search of a board to use for higher winds with say a 12m kite (winds greater than 15kts gusting 20's or more . . )

Thanks again. Hopefully I will get more experience on the water, making these choices more straight forward.

Mr Jo Macdonald
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Mr Jo Macdonald » Wed Sep 25, 2002 7:05 pm

Yeah, 2002 Fuels are definately not the slowest kite around, 2003 seem to be even faster.
Certainly not as fast as higher AR kites like the RRD supertype but one of the best medium high AR kites of 2002 imo. Certainly one of the most powerfull especially at the low end.
Jo

Postby Guest » Thu Sep 26, 2002 6:45 am

Thanks dude,
you really like to write.
FYI 90kgs ~= 198 lb
Skillwise: probably best to say I can hold my 12m Rhino to about 22+/-knots at a guess
and have it parked at 14kts another guess. and just the basic bag of tricks at the moment (but Im getting better, learned inverted jumps and landing rolls toeside last sess)

Much appreciated once again. Doesnt really matter now, as I have ordered one anyways, just hope it gets here soon.

Pete (Australia).

jever98
Frequent Poster

Postby jever98 » Thu Sep 26, 2002 8:30 am

Johnny,

can you tell me the numbers vs. real surface area of the 2003 Fuels?

Cheers
Nico

jever98
Frequent Poster

Postby jever98 » Thu Sep 26, 2002 6:50 pm

And another question:
Do all 2003 fuels have 5 struts or do some have 7, too?

Johnny TBKS
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Johnny TBKS » Fri Sep 27, 2002 1:27 pm

On 2002-09-26 07:45, Anonymous wrote:
Thanks dude,
you really like to write.

Pete (Australia).
So it would appear huh? But Actually, I don't like to write at all. I don't mind reading the forums, but typing sucks. Sometimes, I just do the talking and my machine does the typing for me. I just copy and paste it here. That's why my posts sometimes end up so long. That's why sometimes they are typed better and other times they are full of typo's. :wink:

NICO:
Don't understand the graph? Yes, you are right, the depower range is decreased when you move the back lines forward. Isn't that the way your read the graph? Just so we know, I didn't design this graph, SlingShot did, I just basically duplicated it on the PC to make it easier to share with you.

SlingShot changed their sizing from the even numbers they were using to odd numbers for 2003. They will now come in 3,5,7,9..etc. They did this because the odd numbers more closely match the actual exact area of the kite. SlingShot uses actual flat surface area for sizing, not projected. But where 2002 Fuel 14's are actually a bit more than 14m, the 2003 15 will actually be 15m in size. It may be 15 point something...like 15.1 up to 15.9, but it will be 15; and not quite 16.

All sizes have 5 struts, none have 7.

Have fun!

Johnny

Mr Jo Macdonald
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Mr Jo Macdonald » Fri Sep 27, 2002 1:39 pm

Johnny
Nothing to do with kiting but
Re: Sometimes, I just do the talking and my machine does the typing for me.

What program are you using to do that?

Thanks

Jo

Johnny TBKS
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Johnny TBKS » Fri Sep 27, 2002 2:01 pm

Return to “Kitesurfing”