Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Airush lifts for sale, 12.2 and 9.4

Forum for kitesurfers
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Guest » Thu Sep 26, 2002 2:41 am

Hi Guys and Gals,

I have two Airush Lifts for sale, One 12.2 and one 9.4

Both kites are in excellent condition, the 12.2 has one minor tear which is in an inconsequential area of the kite and has been repaired well.
The 9.4 is in perfect flying condition and has only been use a dozen times.

I'd like $1650 ono for the 12.2 and $1550 ono for the 9.4 (prices in australian dollars)
The kites are in Sydney. Shipping can be discussed. If someone wants both kites a deal on that can be discussed also.

These are great kites, and the best thing is they're not being replaced in airush's lineup next year, airush are still going to be selling them with some minor enhancements for durability and a little extra performance - not that they particulary need it!

Contact me at either of these email addresses,

Callum_downie @ hotmail.com or
Callum @ dr.com

(remove the spaces aroung the @).

Cheers

Callum

Dwight
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Florida
Gear: Any
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Dwight » Thu Sep 26, 2002 12:11 pm

Have you flown the new ones yet? My friends flew them. They say the back sliding has been stopped, which should help guys who are not used to Airush kites. They are trying to decide which kites to keep, Lift or Pro Lift. They are using both now.

Postby Guest » Thu Sep 26, 2002 1:14 pm

Hi Dwight,

We havn't sceen any of the new ones down here yet, I a believe they have been sceen in western oz for a while but not over here on the eastern side.

I'd believe the backflying has been stopped as it was really the only serious complaint.
I heard the lift pro's are going to be really light weight construction, have you sceen them?

I'm not replacing these with new airush kites, I am going for some lower aspect kites - I find high aspect kites make our already gusty conditions even more gusty than they need to be, because the kite flys forward depowering it to easily...

Callum

Dwight
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dwight » Thu Sep 26, 2002 1:53 pm

I haven't ridden with my friends yet. I will today, if it doesn't rain.

Your comments are typical of what I see locally. Our light riders love the really fast kites, Airush and Supertype. The heavier guys love North. It's looking like lighter guys favor the x2 more than heavy guys too, although this opinion is based solely on what I read, not see first hand.

I heard from my friend, the 19.5 Pro Lift turns as quick as the 12.2 2002 Lift.

I'm not sure I agree with making kites from lighter materials. Kites need to last longer. I heard the 2003 Takoon looks like a light weight performance kite too.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dwight on 2002-10-01 13:10 ]</font>

murdoc
Very Frequent Poster

Postby murdoc » Thu Sep 26, 2002 4:40 pm

just get rid of the chickenloop and use the airush mono sheeting system.
then the backsliding (is it any bad? flying lift 12.2 and 9.4, too and NEVER have problems with that - mybe a few times on the first day) is history!

Postby Guest » Thu Sep 26, 2002 8:03 pm

Hey Dwight, any feedback on the Toro2. What about performance comparison to the 2002 Toro?

Jimbo (LA)

Dwight
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dwight » Thu Sep 26, 2002 8:29 pm

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dwight on 2002-10-01 13:11 ]</font>

Postby Guest » Fri Sep 27, 2002 12:31 am

Hey Murdoc,
It's not really possible to fly here with no chicken loop - it can be done obviously but our conditions are pretty gusty. I spend a fair bit of time in the fixed loop though - shackled to the chicken and hooked into the fixed.

Dwight,
the X2's that people have here are starting to get a bagging, after the initial hype has died down the big ones don't seam to perform realy well. The smaller ones are no doubt great kites though. The Rhino2 with the extra power down low should be great kite, I mean an X2 with some extra grunt would be great...

Everyone Else,
Anyone want these kites? - that is what this thread is about after all...

Have fun,
Callum

Postby Guest » Sun Sep 29, 2002 3:20 am

The new lifts are stonger, more user friendly, do not backslide, and are more responsive (in a good way). The new lift may have a bit more lift also. The pro lift is for expert riders/pros. It is not as durable but much lighter and faster. The 15.5 looks like it turns like the old 9.4. THe 11.5 is insane! The amount of lift and hangtime compared to the old lift (which already was insane) has gone up a lot. The kite is not made to be crashed a lot though. Airush knows it is not a kite for everyone. If you want a high performance kite that will be super durable, the Lift is the kite for you. For the rider that wants a high performance kite in a low aspect the Flow will be killer. One of our shop riders that rides Hydros flew it and thought it was a Hydro on steroids (sp?). He loved it. It is very user freindly and high performance. Maybe not quite as much lift as the Lift but still killer.
The Airush crew is great too. They all have flown the new products and are knowledgable about it.

Return to “Kitesurfing”