Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Aero better than ARX?

Forum for kitesurfers
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Guest » Wed Jan 30, 2002 1:20 pm

I've heard the Aero is better for jumping than the Arx? one of the pros won a cometition with it. I'm looking for info about the performance of the Aero. thx Marc

Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Guest » Wed Feb 06, 2002 5:46 am

I have recently had the opportunity to test the Aero 10, 12, 16 and 20. Boards used was a 141 cm wake board and a Naish Mutant 4.11

For lighter winds the big Aeros are defiantely turning much fater than the big ARX. A 16 Aero on 27m lines is faster turning than an ARX 15.5 with Power Steering Booster (PSB)and 20m lines. This makes for easier timing of jumps and therefore easier and often higher jumps.

The 20m Aeros flies nicely for being a BIG kite, the Aeros come with 20m lines and an extra 7m lines that can be attached for more power in lighter winds. The Aero 20 should be flown with 20 meter lines for maximum performance and turnability. On 27 meter it gets a bit slow but still much faster than the 19.5 ARX with PSB. I can easily jump the 20 meter Aero but that is difficult with big ARX's.

The 12 Aero is super nice and fast, the lower AR makes it sit a bit deeper in the powerzone and it generates nice constant power that makes for easy toeside riding. The turning of this kite is very fast and only a short pull on the bar is enough to send the kite the other direction. It jumps with ease and goes pretty high, the hang time is good but not as good as a higher AR kite. I use the 12 on 27 meter lines otherwise it gets to fast.

Overall the Aeros are very nice kites, jumping becomes much easier since less perfect timing is required. The materials used also looks very good and the new carbon bar and loop set-up is just great.

The leash system is still the "leash on line" system which is getting a bit outdated now. I just removed the leash alltogether BUT I had the perfect conditions to do it where ditching the kite would not hurt anyone or damage anything.

I hope this helps you!

Best regards,

Chris

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Wed Feb 06, 2002 11:39 am

Hi Chris,

thanks for your report!
The Aero sounds very interesting. I still can't believe that the 16.0 turns faster than an ARX 15.5 with PSB AND 20 m lines.
If Naish improved that much I'm looking forward to the X2.

Toby

Return to “Kitesurfing”