Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Stringboarders SUCK

Forum for kitesurfers
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Guest » Fri Sep 27, 2002 5:06 am

So I email an old college buddy from 10 years ago and I ask what he's been up too. I tell him I've been Kiteboarding and he tells me "How the hell are ya? I got run over by a kite boarder about a month ago surfing at county line. The dude was way cool about it and bought me and the homies a case a beer."

So what do you say?

Well shit I guess that happens. That sucks!!! good thing my buddy was cool like that. If I was surfing I would've fricken decked the stringboarder and then got the case of beer from the guy.

Conclusion: I'm glad I kite in the middle of the USA and I can go anywhere without having to deal with anyone in the water.

P.S. Lakes can be pretty good.

BigSmelly
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby BigSmelly » Fri Sep 27, 2002 8:27 am

Why don't you go down to the South Pole and kite with the Penguins, you anti social stringer. Kiting alone is great, once in a while, but first its always better to have someone else around, in case of equipement faliure, or unforseen circumstances, and second you learn a lot from others.

BLOWN AWAY
Very Frequent Poster

Postby BLOWN AWAY » Fri Sep 27, 2002 11:09 am

I find it's allways good to have a couple of other kiters at the beach for launching and landing and stuff like that.... this comes from a person who mostly goes solo quite a bit....

It's when you get 20+ kiters in one area when it can get a bit dodgy.... oh yes and heaps of people lying on the beach taking up valuable launch area :sad: .....

BLOWN AWAY :smile:

murdoc
Very Frequent Poster

Postby murdoc » Fri Sep 27, 2002 11:18 am

always two sides ...

good thing about the case of beer - really cool behaviour.

what's stringboarding?

when you go out with a few gauys for a couple of days (the same dudes), that's the most pushing thing there is!
you see someone who's kiting about the same level as you, and the other day, this guy pulls of a new trick - so you wanna/gotta learn it, too - and can get superb help from this guy - he just learned it and can tell you how it works 'freshly' ...

too crowdet beaches can suck bigtime.

is it a local phenomene that 80% of the kiteboarders on the water ride within 200m of the launching area?
every crowdet beach in germany is no problem when you ride out and go a few meters up or deownwind or stay out of these magical 200meters ....

Return to “Kitesurfing”