Best Seat Harness

Forum for kitesurfers
Mabu
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Mabu » Thu Sep 26, 2002 3:57 pm

2002 was for me the harness year. Think I'll end up with 4 seat harnesses: the maui magic sucks: it detaches on the legs; & you can have it repeared but it will detach again & again; dakine fusion is not really a seat harness, it's more a seat-waste harness & not good for my back. The hook often also can 'explode' I heard. I'm not at all wipeka minded, but have to admit that the wipeka seat rules. It's a real seat & does hardly move, lov' it. Also the naish seat is nice.

chicagokitesurfer
Very Frequent Poster

Postby chicagokitesurfer » Thu Sep 26, 2002 4:43 pm

I use the prolimit kiteseat harness, too. It's the one in the series photo at the top of my website. Comfortable, and easy to put on, use. The spreader bar strap is adjustable and really works well to keep the bar low!

V
http://www.chicagokitesurfing.com

jever98
Frequent Poster

Postby jever98 » Thu Sep 26, 2002 4:56 pm

Watch out - there are two seat harnesses by Wipika. The Pilot Seat is great. It's the one I got after having used the Fusion. Great solid construction. Love it!

kGreg
Medium Poster

Postby kGreg » Thu Sep 26, 2002 5:00 pm

Isn't Maui Magic and Wipika seat harness the same thing??? I thought they are produced by the same company. Not sure though.

jever98
Frequent Poster

Postby jever98 » Thu Sep 26, 2002 5:18 pm

Checked it out. They look the same. I have to say my Wipi works great :smile:

Mabu
Rare Poster

Postby Mabu » Fri Sep 27, 2002 1:49 pm

kgreg, the wipika and maui magic are definitely not the same thing

Postby Guest » Fri Sep 27, 2002 3:29 pm

I wanted to buy a Dakine seat harness and my dealer told me they had been recalled?! Reading the other comments, this certainly seems reasonable. So if you're looking for a Dakine harness, you may want to enquire about this first.
I got the Naish highback instead. Really comfortable harness, much better than the Neil Pryde windsurf seat harness I was using before that, but then that's not saying much!
Aren't harnesses more a personal thing than anything else anyway? Probably best to try a bunch on. When I put the Naish harness on, I just knew it was going to be super comfy for me - more so than the Dakine harnesses I also saw.
Cheers,
AL

juanpa
Rare Poster

Postby juanpa » Mon Nov 11, 2002 10:07 pm

Hi
I'm new in this and want to know where can I get a kite harness in the internet or if anyone has one to sell me

Return to “Kitesurfing”