Naish 18m X2 / North Toro 16 Low end

Forum for kitesurfers
BLOWN AWAY
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby BLOWN AWAY » Sun Sep 29, 2002 8:11 pm

Yeah with the big kites I've found that if the kite can fly..... chances are you can get planing.....

That light stuff that me and aklbob were in the other day was still gusty and was getting hoisted in the gusts and hance had to have big red fully sheeted out.... in the lulls the kite overflew and did a death drop... shame as I'd have been screaming along.... with the directional...

BLOWN AWAY :smile:

BLOWN AWAY
Very Frequent Poster

Postby BLOWN AWAY » Sun Sep 29, 2002 8:19 pm

Keeping the kite moving if very important in light winds if you use big inflatables...

aklbob
Frequent Poster

Postby aklbob » Sun Sep 29, 2002 8:59 pm

I wouldn't say the 18 was lively in that much wind, but I didn't have to sine it, just dive it to water start. I was using a cut down bar too, 42cm bar, (cut down from a medium bar). With my directional I was cruising upwind ok... with 10 knots it would turn better and have enough guts to boost.

BLOWN AWAY
Very Frequent Poster

Postby BLOWN AWAY » Mon Sep 30, 2002 3:20 am

Yep compared to my 12m X2 my 20m AERO is very slow but big red isn't mean to be sined much. It works being sined slowly but you have to be powered up to use the kite.... in other words if the kite can fly, I can get planing....

THe X2's have definately got more response and lift than an intermediate kite like the AERO and hence are better for jumping.....

The 2003 intermediate kites whether it's the TORO, AERO, HYDRO etc should be excellent user friendly kites with great performance....

aklbob
Frequent Poster

Postby aklbob » Sun Oct 06, 2002 8:53 pm

The current gear available has plenty of performance for me, I won't out grow my X2's, and I don't drop my kites very often, so I don't think the more difficult relaunch will be a problem, particularly the big kites, I almost never dropped my 16m..

BLOWN AWAY
Very Frequent Poster

Postby BLOWN AWAY » Mon Oct 07, 2002 12:49 am

Yeah same... X2 is more than enough lift to satisfy me... nice and stable...

Infact stability I believe is more important than lift for people at an intermediate level.

BLOWN AWAY :wink:

Return to “Kitesurfing”