Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

New Control Bar/Safety Solutions from Wipika

Forum for kitesurfers
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Guest » Mon Sep 30, 2002 3:49 pm

Getting the impression that maybe nobody has actually seen this new control bar/safety system yet. Plenty replies about patenting and last years gear but what about the topic of this thread? Maybe the Wipika people could step up and tell us what's up. Lucas Tobal are you out there? Or maybe somebody else can tell us about the features of this bar.

Murph

Postby Guest » Mon Sep 30, 2002 5:24 pm

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your interest in the new wipika safety system. Wipika is constantly testing new materials and designing new products, this is just one of them. However, at this point I am not at liberty to divulge any information specific to the design of the system. Obviously, being a rider myself I am totally stoked that a system like this one is taking shape. Right now some pro-riders are testing the system, but we have yet to complete the final longterm durability test. Regardless how excited we are we've got to test the system thoroughly before we release it. Laminated dacron looked awesome according to the technical specs...remember? :smile:and out of principle we don't produce gimmics. So the rollout will probably look like this: if everything goes smooth with all the testing, we'll ship all the 2003 kites with the system right from the start. If that is the case you'll get plenty of info on the system beforehand, through mags, website...etc. If the system still needs adjusting, we may release it mid-season and provide it at no cost to our dealers for our customers who already purchased kites. Obviously, this makes no business sense, but we've got an obligation to our riders. In the worst case, if we can't get it perfectly dialed in in time it'll have to come out as an 04 product. As for the patent, thats for our lawyers to play around with, I know as far as we're concerned we don't really care who copies us, by the time they get around to it we'll be working on something better.

Best,

Lucas C. Tobal
Wipika International

ps: I'll be sure to post an update on the subject as soon as it is released.

captain pugwash
Medium Poster

Postby captain pugwash » Tue Oct 01, 2002 12:31 am

for Lucas C. Tobal

Lucas, one of the previous comments from this thread indicated that your new release system could be 'similar' to a parachute release. If it is, drop me a private mail, I have 6 months of safe kiting on a skydiving based release system (handmade).

mikesb@bigpond.com

andreadp
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby andreadp » Tue Oct 01, 2002 1:47 am

can u tell us how your handmade skydiving based safety system works? better if u have some pictures! thanks a lot andrea :smile:

captain pugwash
Medium Poster

Postby captain pugwash » Tue Oct 01, 2002 2:41 am

Andrea...in parole povere...NON, qui la gente non fa altro che prenderti in giro insultare le domande importante. Io non ho piu' voglia di litigare con sta gente. Il mio sistema funge bene ed e molto semplice, ma non e' da tutti. Se vuoi capire il meccanismo vai sull'internet e fai una ricerca su 'tre agnelli' non e' difficile. Auguri

Return to “Kitesurfing”