Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Mr Jo Macdonald » Fri Sep 27, 2002 2:08 pm

Thanks man

Postby Guest » Mon Sep 30, 2002 2:29 pm

Sure thang Jo Mac! I imagine that the software is out there to be had for a great low low LOW price, or bootlegged or something, but, I dunno how well it works without the USB hookup thingy I use with it that is supposed to really make the voice recognition part of it work in a class of it's own.

I was out with the new Fuels again and noticed something about the kite bag that I had failed to notice in my previous overview of it....

It also has a place on it to strap your board to the bag, as well as 2 padded straps to carry the bag in a backpack style manner. So, you can have your kite, lines, bar, pump, harness, and board all in/on one tidy little package. Throw this(now maybe not so light) package's straps over your shoulders and onto your back and to the beach you go!

My original review failed to mention that the bag carried a board as well as failing to mention the backpack carry straps. I made it sound like it was more of a duffle bag style instead of making clear that it had a duffle bad style handle AS WELL as the others. I wanted to clear this up. Revisions have been made to our news page as well.

Also, John Doyle contacted me a couple of days ago and said that the way I had written the features that are built into their boards that I made it sound like he wasn't the one behind the LFT. It was written something to the effect of..."All of their boards, LFT excluded, have these construction features; Doyle Designed, Duraglide Base(minus the LFT), blah blah." What was meant was that the LFT lacked one or two of the features, such as the duraglide bottom. It IS designed by Doyle and this too has been revised on the news page.

Thought I'd share this. Looks like with all of these fun hurricanes brewing up all around me that we'll have some killer winds again this week. If this holds true, I plan to get some serious time on the new SlingShot GTO's(the GTO's I have right now are smaller kites than my Fuels, plus a little lower AR, which I kinda prefer in higher winds). So if you're interested, look for an in depth review on it from us soon. I'll make a mention of it here if you don't want to have to keep checking the site.(we get pleanty of hits these days without forcing people to come...20,000-50,000 a week)

I have been literally living on the new Fuels. They are unreal! I was flying a 17m Fuel and swore that control wise it fealt more like a 10 or 12m kite. Turning speed is great, even in light winds. The different hookup points that SS designed into their kites that has since become widespread through the industry are pretty nice too. They really make alot of difference in the kites characteristics. Being able to set it to fly so great and fast in light winds made it possble for me to finally be a lightwind jumping fool(I could never get my timing just right on big kites in light winds). Of course, some of the guys are saying that the kites responsiveness has their timing off a bit now, but they are getting used to it and getting dialed in on it pretty quick.

This has been just a few more tidbits from me before I head to the beach. If anyone is local to the Tampa Bay area of Florida, and wishes to check these bad boy bad toy's out first hand, gimme a shout. I'm thinking right now that I may be headed out to Desoto for the day. Any and all accomplished fliers are welcome to come out and demo the new toys.

Pea's OuT!
Johnny
TBKS

Johnny TBKS
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Johnny TBKS » Mon Sep 30, 2002 2:32 pm

oh...by the way, TBKS number is on the site's lessons page if you're trying to find when and where I'll be.
:smile:

Visualize Whirled Pea's,
Johnny

jever98
Frequent Poster

Postby jever98 » Mon Sep 30, 2002 2:34 pm

Johnny,

a German reviewer said he could hold his 13 up to 33 knots (90 kg or 200lbs). What would be the perfect 3 kite quiver? 17 13 9? 17 11 9?
Whatyathink?

Postby Guest » Mon Sep 30, 2002 10:15 pm

just got some 2003 fuel samples today looking forward to putting them to the test this arfo... they look unreal

Postby Guest » Tue Oct 01, 2002 3:16 am

Im looking forward to testing them to

Robert
Frequent Poster

Postby Robert » Tue Oct 01, 2002 9:05 am

When does the 2003 gear hit the streets?

Postby Guest » Tue Oct 01, 2002 12:02 pm

1st of november I believe.

Johnny TBKS
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Johnny TBKS » Sat Nov 02, 2002 10:46 pm

On 2002-09-30 15:34, jever98 wrote:
Johnny,

a German reviewer said he could hold his 13 up to 33 knots (90 kg or 200lbs). What would be the perfect 3 kite quiver? 17 13 9? 17 11 9?
Whatyathink?
Failed to see this question and it's OLD, but I answer anyway. If you weigh in at 200lbs, I'd say get the first set you mentioned. 17, 13, 9. If it were a lighter rider, he could make do with the 15 as his largest kite. As stated earlier, I rode the 15 in as little a wind as it could barely fly in.

Sorry so late to answer this. This is why I say EMAIL me if I dont answer here. I just cant read ALL of whats on here ALL of the time.

Doing the best I can...
Johnny

Postby Guest » Sun Nov 03, 2002 8:24 am

Have slingshot sorted out the problems with the boards yet?
I snapped a jarvis in half after my second jump on it. It looked like a donner kebab!!
I changed it under warranty to the drake where the footstrap screws kept pulling out the deck. A couple of friends who have them are having problems with the duraglide bottom delaminating.

Return to “Kitesurfing”