SLINGSHOT B-5 Need Advice ?

Forum for kitesurfers
freefall
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby freefall » Tue Oct 01, 2002 7:11 pm

Need advice about this kite : ) Help guysss : )

Postby Guest » Tue Oct 01, 2002 7:22 pm

Buy Ozone kites, a new de-power kite will be out in the begining of November. The name is "the Frenzy". Ozone have great products and quality. The service by Ozone is awsome.

regards from NORWAY..... http://www.extremeair.no

chicagokitesurfer
Very Frequent Poster

Postby chicagokitesurfer » Tue Oct 01, 2002 8:52 pm

What advice do you need?

Email me at:

vytas@chicagokitesurfing.com

V
http://www.chicagokitesurfing.com

fokiten

Postby fokiten » Tue Oct 01, 2002 10:34 pm

my advice is to actually ask a question,not trying to be a smart ass, but it would be a excelent first step. good luck.

Postby Guest » Wed Oct 02, 2002 9:14 am

if you need advice then my advice is do not attempt to use the b5 for kitesurfing.

freefall
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby freefall » Wed Oct 02, 2002 9:37 am

Smart asss : ) maybe ý should change my nick name fokiten : ) Ã

Postby Guest » Wed Oct 02, 2002 9:46 am

I have a B5, and love it. Lots of fun. I bought it used and it was inexpensive. I've found it works best for me with longer lines 35-40m. You also will want quite a long bar - like most foils I think.

I do know some lightwieght riders who use them on the water. Should be OK as long as you don't go too far out.

I use mine for landboarding and land traction. It flies in almost no wind, so it makes a fun lightwind trainer for friends interested in kitesurfing.

It is a nice open cell foil, which is reccomended for snow use. I haven't used mine in the snow yet, but hopefully will soon.

Of course, a 4 or 4.9m Blade II or Ozone would be a nicer kite. But probably more money.

So it's a nice kite if you can get it cheap. Otherwise, I think the 4line foils like the Blade or Little Devil would be a better buy.

Cheers,
AL

Postby Guest » Thu Oct 03, 2002 6:53 am

I stand by my advice that if you have to ask you should not try the b5 for kitesurfing.

As a 2-line open-celled foil it is very difficult to get to relaunch on land and impossible to relaunch if you crash it into the water.

If you want a good, safe, easy to use foil for land and water use you should have a look at Flysurfer Warrior, Boom Vector, and Advance Reha. These foils have a sheeting system similar to 4-line inflatable kites and also will work well on land. There is a page http://www.foilfest.com which shows the advantages that these kites have over the old style foils.

If you do not care about water relaunchability or are on a tight budget, I suggest you consider some of the 4-line foils sold to kite buggiers. They are much easier to relaunch on land and can sometimes be relaunched off the water when you are both fast and lucky. On land the 4 line kites work better when you are underpowered so you will get more use out of one kite. It is possible to rig a 4 line buggy foil on a bar if you want to fly it like a 2-line kite and still have the ability to relaunch easily (on land).

Additionaly some of the good buggy foils are relatively cheap brand-new.

My opinion on the slingshot b-series foils is that while they offer high performance for a 2-line kite they are pretty damn expensive for what you get.

Return to “Kitesurfing”