Postby Guest » Wed Oct 02, 2002 1:26 pm

Hi, I have been kite surfing on a Naish 6’ 6â€

Dwight
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Florida
Gear: Any
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Dwight » Wed Oct 02, 2002 1:32 pm

Those boards are way too big. We weigh the same. Look for something about 38-40cm wide and no more than 150 long. You will spend a few days adjusting, but after that, you’ll rip.

x-shooter
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby x-shooter » Wed Oct 02, 2002 2:01 pm

Where are you from?

You may would like to try a 155 or 144 if you can test it somewhere.
And you may like it.......

http://www.x-shooter.com

Postby Guest » Wed Oct 02, 2002 6:32 pm

Get the a new north board I have the 141 and I feel it is the best production board by hundreds of miles

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Thu Oct 03, 2002 11:02 am

best production board is not correct.
maybe for you, but not neccessarily for everyone else.

to find the best board for you, you have to test a lot.

Good luck!

Toby

Postby Guest » Thu Oct 03, 2002 1:14 pm

Hi, Thanks for your replies as i never thought i could use such a short board as my first twin tip.
As the F-ONE 160 is only 35cm wide does this fall into the same range of use as the shorter but wider boards you list.
I live in the UK.
Thanks again Simon.

Postby Guest » Thu Oct 03, 2002 1:26 pm

You should go on the Outer Banks NC and get in touch with Dimitri Maramenides. He will have tones of boards for you to test. He is also doing clinics and adventure kiting (very long down winders) for advance and people that can't stay up wind still.

Postby Guest » Fri Oct 04, 2002 3:00 pm

The TT160 is a very nice board. I have two boards. One small board that I use when it's blowing over 20 knots and the TT160 for under 20 knots. The TT160 will help you go true the holes and keep on planing. It's a very easy board to ride and it's extremly light. The kite instructer at our beach always want go use my TT160 when I'm not using it. He has the new Mutant 142. The board may be 160cm but it feels like a 140 board. It's so light and it will improve your riding very fast. Don't go buy a small board if your heavy and ride in area's with low wind. You'll use the TT160 way more than a smaller board. And also the TT160 can hold a lot of power for days if you get some good wind.

Royce
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Royce » Fri Oct 04, 2002 3:18 pm

Dude, don't buy until you try and definitly don't buy a board for your skill level now. You will adjust really fast to a shorter board. It might take a couple of days or weeks but your level of sailing will be higher than if you bought something more moderate. I think that people go too small almost all the time. Most pro riders boards are between 140 and 160 and they have diferent sizes for diferent windspeeds so the average in my opinion that would be a good starting point is between 145 and 155. Remember if the wind drops the smaller the board the longer the swim. To the North guy.....by miles huh? Thats why the two top North guys ride directionals and Cindy ( the womens world champ) ride a Wavetray? Very good reasonong and a nice open mided opinion.
As always don't buy until you try and unless its really windy there don't go too small.
Aloha R

Return to “Kitesurfing”