Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

how to ride with the fixed loop. wipi airblast

Forum for kitesurfers
tikerak
Rare Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby tikerak » Thu Oct 03, 2002 5:20 pm

Hi. i've been riding using the chiken loop.. how do you use the fixed loop? i usually ride a 8.4 AB or a 10 AB with a prankster wakeboard.

fokiten

Postby fokiten » Thu Oct 03, 2002 5:32 pm

dude you are dialed, AB's smoke on the bridals, let the clowns with the huge forarms be, the fixed loop is for use when your shackle fails, the dudes in da f-looops be begging fo a slam, you da man with the plan, be cool, enjoy, and dummie up! remember they are the ones with the big necks and tight sleeves. later

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Thu Oct 03, 2002 5:44 pm

tikerak, many riders always stay hooked in the c-loop, then if you need more power, security for a jump or the winds are light, you additionally hook into the fixed loop.
If you have gusty conditions, better don't use it, only if you can edge hard to take out the power of the kite.

Just as a side note: I don't know any pro or advanced using the bridle for kites smaller than 18sqm surface area.
There must be a reason.......

Toby

fokiten

Postby fokiten » Thu Oct 03, 2002 6:37 pm

Shows what and who you know there must be a reason?

fokiten

Postby fokiten » Thu Oct 03, 2002 7:00 pm

Toby, had an after thought,my post stated I ride surf style, I also posted a comment that the fix loopers were the ones with the thick necks and the tight sleeves, nothing wrong with macho its that you think it is the only way to ride, I (humble) kick ass, have a great time, but see no reason for doing the twirly thing with my foot out, love to watch it don't need to try it to be respected by my buds, the dude had a good quesstion I gave him the correct answer and you proved my point on the thick neck issue thanks so much for your post

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: fokiten on 2002-10-04 19:29 ]</font>

tikerak
Rare Poster

Postby tikerak » Thu Oct 03, 2002 11:07 pm

thank you guys now i have to wait until all this hurricanes stop sucking up all my wind.

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil

Postby Toby » Fri Oct 04, 2002 12:28 am

fokiten,
I don't say my style is the one that rules.
But as you said, that guy had a good question how and when to use it and I answered from my point of view. Which btw 80% of the riders I know, use.
Call me big neck or whatever, I don't care, as long as you do whatever is the most fun for YOU!!!

Toby

fokiten

Postby fokiten » Fri Oct 04, 2002 8:11 am

On 2002-10-03 18:44, Toby wrote:
tikerak, many riders always stay hooked in the c-loop, then if you need more power, security for a jump or the winds are light, you additionally hook into the fixed loop.
If you have gusty conditions, better don't use it, only if you can edge hard to take out the power of the kite.

Just as a side note: I don't know any pro or advanced using the bridle for kites smaller than 18sqm surface area.
There must be a reason.......

Toby

here you go toby, I read this as only rookies ride bridals on anything under 18mtrs.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: fokiten on 2002-10-04 19:32 ]</font>

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil

Postby Toby » Fri Oct 04, 2002 8:52 am

well, my last warning, I tried to be nice to you.
Still attacking me, why?

Postby Guest » Fri Oct 04, 2002 12:42 pm

I ride Airblasts and never need the fixed loop. I only keep it on the bar for the rare time when my snap shackle releases. I can still do Hands free stuff like deadmans. If you think you need the loop on the Airblast, you probably need to go up a kite size. Also, I love the power steering. The ability to turn this kite is amazing. I have the X2, ARC, MAch 1, and older foil kites, and none perform as well as the Airblasts. Favorite is the 8.4 in 20-25. THe 11.8 is also extreme fun. Both produce huge air and tremendous range. I have had the 11.8 (16 flat) out in average gusts of 30 (stupid, but no need for a fixed loop that day). In fact, my next kite, to replace my X2 will be an Airblast. Personal preference.

Gary from Vermont

Return to “Kitesurfing”