All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 14 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 7:09 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Tamislov....i weigh 80 kg and have the 21M. The fun range for me is sustatined wind of 9-13/14 knts. I like to ride fast and powered. I often see guys out on 14 (lighter guys) and 16's. They are just going while i am powered nicley.

I like the 21 better then the 18, but when i made the switch up i did the 21, 16, 12. I get great usable overlap with this spread. I would have been able to do the 14 / 21 but i was not convinced to get good overlap with skipping that many sizes, plus i felt naked without a 16M. The 14 would easily work at 13/14knts. That is a super kite and has good low end pull, imo.

I agree that the overlap between the 14 / 18 was not a lot. The 18 still wanted some wind on the bottom to really get working. I think you have to ask yourself if you like to hold a big kite in the 13 knt range, or whatever the bottom is for you with the 14M.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 12:22 pm 
I have the 14m and it pulls like a train (a bit to much at times) probably as powerful as a lot of 16's

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 11:49 am 
Hi there!
8)
thankx so much for your comments. Very helpful!! Basicly, I'm almost in the same situation. Just started kite-surfing yet with the pre-experience of kite-boarding in the meadow. Going with a 9.5 Ozone Frenzy and Libre Mountain-board. Really helped me quite a lot so as to be able to go properly upwind on the first day of the course with a 12sqm wing at 26 km/h; board 150cm/50cm width. Drove me all crazy, so I need the equipment as it seems to be even more fun on (or rather in the water esp. when it comes to turn around which I cannot really do yet; tried it with flying turns, but the landings are still a bit harsh'n ' bumpy.)

Anyway, I'm about to buy the best offer, which is buy 2 get one free. Just saw it on the internet yesterday. Beforehand I thought about buying only two kites (Slingshot Fuel or Cabrinha Co2; approx. 12sqm and 16sqm)
The Problem:

I don't know your spots as I go kite surfing in Holland (either waste deep water for the next couple of weeks, so less choppy conditions, but I also wanna go during the winter on the cost where it can get fairly choppy...

Have you got any recommendations which 3 kites to buy in the range of best or cabarethe kites so as to cover a good wind range?

Can I mix up mid AR and high AR, e.g. yarga and nemises? I also don't wanna grow out of the kite that quickly...

And as regrads the sizes: Which size would ya recommend for let's say the nemisis and which for the yarga?

My weight 75kg, board: I immediately bought the one I was able to go upwind during the course, so 150/50cm.

Sorry, if I'm waffling around. It's just that I#m fairly new into the whole kiting business and I just wanted to make myself as clear as possible.

Thankx in advance for any answers.

fair wind, :bye: :bye:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 11:50 am 
Hi there!
8)
thankx so much for your comments. Very helpful!! Basicly, I'm almost in the same situation. Just started kite-surfing yet with the pre-experience of kite-boarding in the meadow. Going with a 9.5 Ozone Frenzy and Libre Mountain-board. Really helped me quite a lot so as to be able to go properly upwind on the first day of the course with a 12sqm wing at 26 km/h; board 150cm/50cm width. Drove me all crazy, so I need the equipment as it seems to be even more fun on (or rather in the water esp. when it comes to turn around which I cannot really do yet; tried it with flying turns, but the landings are still a bit harsh'n ' bumpy.)

Anyway, I'm about to buy the best offer, which is buy 2 get one free. Just saw it on the internet yesterday. Beforehand I thought about buying only two kites (Slingshot Fuel or Cabrinha Co2; approx. 12sqm and 16sqm)
The Problem:

I don't know your spots as I go kite surfing in Holland (either waste deep water for the next couple of weeks, so less choppy conditions, but I also wanna go during the winter on the cost where it can get fairly choppy...

Have you got any recommendations which 3 kites to buy in the range of best or cabarethe kites so as to cover a good wind range?

Can I mix up mid AR and high AR, e.g. yarga and nemises? I also don't wanna grow out of the kite that quickly...

And as regrads the sizes: Which size would ya recommend for let's say the nemisis and which for the yarga?

My weight 75kg, board: I immediately bought the one I was able to go upwind during the course, so 150/50cm.

Sorry, if I'm waffling around. It's just that I#m fairly new into the whole kiting business and I just wanted to make myself as clear as possible.

Thankx in advance for any answers.

fair wind, :bye: :bye:

[ 14 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2