Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

What kite to go for when you don't know your style of riding

Forum for kitesurfers
fokiten
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby fokiten » Fri Oct 04, 2002 8:35 am

OH YEAH!! give Rob a break, I AM I, fokiten, sorry Rob toby's collar is a little tight, he may or may not make it thru, we can only hope

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Fri Oct 04, 2002 8:49 am

what about ctkiteboarding?

tikerak
Rare Poster

Postby tikerak » Sat Oct 05, 2002 12:50 am

guys i really appreciate all the imput.. i'm just hook up on kitesurf just as i thik you are.. and since my friends and i are just beginig and didnt have anybody to really teach us or to watch and learn or just to talk to .. only videos and trial and error. i feel confortable riding with the chiken loop,thats the way i learned, with the only kite aveilable for me (AB 8.4 2001) i've started to make controlled jumps and manage to land properly
(most of the times) i dont feel girly becaouse i use the c-loop actually i think that we are doing pretty good considering the circunstances..i just want to learn more stuff and get better at this sport. thanxs for all your imput guys

BLOWN AWAY
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby BLOWN AWAY » Sat Oct 05, 2002 1:41 am

On 2002-10-05 01:50, tikerak wrote:
guys i really appreciate all the imput.. i'm just hook up on kitesurf just as i thik you are.. and since my friends and i are just beginig and didnt have anybody to really teach us or to watch and learn or just to talk to .. only videos and trial and error. i feel confortable riding with the chiken loop,thats the way i learned, with the only kite aveilable for me (AB 8.4 2001) i've started to make controlled jumps and manage to land properly
(most of the times) i dont feel girly becaouse i use the c-loop actually i think that we are doing pretty good considering the circunstances..i just want to learn more stuff and get better at this sport. thanxs for all your imput guys
I was out kiting yesterday and was very thankful that I had my chickenloop... In gusty stuff when well powered chickenloops are far better.

It's not wimpy to use the chickenloop.... I still use it and I've been kiting for nearly 2 years. Fixed loop is great for lighter constant winds but when the wind is changing from 10 - 25 knots... better off with the C Loop...

BLOWN AWAY :smile:

ctkiteboarding
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby ctkiteboarding » Sat Oct 05, 2002 3:19 am

what about ct kiteboarding?in on x2 w/ c- loop and shackle, cant say im having a problem , its all good as long as you are smiling, my prefrence is chicken loop for 4 line kites and i hook in for longer hang time , have fun

fokiten

Postby fokiten » Sat Oct 05, 2002 8:46 pm

Hey guys reread the posts and maybe I overreacted, I and bridal sensitive and take alot o crap locally as i am the only one with a wipi, sorry toby, I took your post as a cut on bridals and my opinion is they make kiting a percision sport, finely tune and ulta performance, The big air style is by nature crude by that i mean, max load, max throw, everything pegged, petal to the metal, why not hook in to the hard loop,if you could get higher by putting springs in your pads you'd do it. So thick necks and tight sleeves fit-you guys. I got plenty style,I jump maybe 5 mtrs. highest ever and I know kiting my opinion has value, You want to take me on bring it, Im hear for you. I may have insulted you if so i apologize, now that you reconise my name and know where i am comming from, i invite any thick neck to make thier anti bridal veiw point known, after all being a pencil neck I could use the exersise. fokiten

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Sat Oct 05, 2002 8:59 pm

ctkiteboarding: never mind-misunderstanding.

fokiten:

for ME it is an advantage to always know/feel exactly where the kite is. And I can feel this better, when there is pressure on my bar. I had an AB 8.4 before with bridles and never knew where the kite is.
Right know it is important to know exactly, where it is and where it is going to.
Due to higher jumps it can be very dangerous to not knowing, where it is, since if you even steer the kite to the powerzone in 3+ m height, it gonna hurt and 8+ you definitely will have bigger problems at least with your rips.
So if you have the control over the kite using the bridles, that is great. Takes more feeling and control than without bridles.

So keep enjoying the sport!

Toby

PS: you don't get thick necks, but thick arms! :wink:

fokiten

Postby fokiten » Sat Oct 05, 2002 11:03 pm

cool,thanks, what is ct kiteboarding? on jumps with bridals, i always have a look at the kite to verify its where i want it then pick a ramp and throw it as I sence im slowing down i bring it back,i never look at the kite when i am in the air, so to me the feel is in **my momentum** and has nothing to do with the kite, the time to bring it back is when you start to loose up momentem,next time you kite consider if maybe the same is true for you, if it is it is not a bridal issue? see what you think and let me know.

Return to “Kitesurfing”