Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Pyscho - Still no replies!

Forum for kitesurfers
eppo
Medium Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby eppo » Sat Oct 05, 2002 2:04 am

ummm guys, 71 viewings, no replies - I need some info' for all foil lovers in the west.

eppo

when / where / how?? release date in Australia - beta test flights - how???

Mr Jo Macdonald
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Mr Jo Macdonald » Sat Oct 05, 2002 10:12 am

Ciao Eppo,
Have you tried contacting Flysurfer or their dealers? Maybe they can find you a pre production model they've been testing. I've always found Marc from extreme and Ramon from Flysurfer Netherlands as well as Frank from their headquaters always really helpfull.
Jo

Postby Guest » Sat Oct 05, 2002 5:08 pm

Check the forums on:
http://www.kitesurfen.de/kitesurfen/

There is much info there, too bad it is only in German, but you can rougly translate through altavista.

Good Luck

BigSmelly
Very Frequent Poster

Postby BigSmelly » Sat Oct 05, 2002 6:14 pm

Don't hold me to it, but I seem to remember a post recently on one of the threads that mentioned that there is no Flusurfer dealer in Oz or New Z!!

Like Jo said - contact Frank from FS headquarters - he will definately reply to you by Monday morning...

Kite:Life
Rare Poster

Postby Kite:Life » Sat Oct 05, 2002 6:54 pm

Hi, we (flysurfer agent sweden) have 2 finished production model of the Pyscho (12 and 15,5) here that we are testing, i think the relese date (europe) is oktober. I've been out with it a couple of times and it's nice, it put at least a couple of second's on my hangtime compared to flying LE:i's, i find it a bit difficult to jump but im used to LE:i's and the manuver is a bit different... great quallity, nice small bom, easy to lanch/land, working leash! on our booms it's the same as warrior but they told us there is a spinning leash comming soon, the lines come with 3 different x-tensions so u can get 3 different lenght's on the same line set.
appart from all the bridallines it's a great kite! and i'll try to spend some more time under it to get used to it...

check out; http://www.goextreme.dk
there are some nice pic's of the flysurfer staff playing on the beach...

If u have any specific questions i'll be happy to help, i could also get som detail pic's if u say what u want to see.

Mvh

Pan
http://www.kitepower.se

BigSmelly
Very Frequent Poster

Postby BigSmelly » Sat Oct 05, 2002 8:53 pm

Hopefully get some detailed pics up this week, as I should be getting the Psycho 12.5 tomorrow...

By the way - I read German

A quick summary would probably read like this:

A few people have tested the 15.5 at a recent test fest, in winds ranging from 8 - 14 knots.

The light wind ability is compared to an 18m F One - at 8 knots, but it is said that there were slight instabilities sining the kite. This instability issue has been addressed and corrected by FS.
The short bars are great!
The water relaunch is brilliant! As easy as the 9.5.
IT IS NOT POSSIBLE TO STALL AND DROP THE KITE!
Not much specific info on jumping, except that it added hang time to the posters jumps, and he was stoked!
An interesting thing was mentioned that it is possible to use three different line lengths with the same set of lines...I am VERY curious about this... Would like more info.

Oh - and a big issue is the price...VERY EXPENSIVE kite!!! About 400EUR above the average. Then the thread turns to the production materials, and methods = closer to paraglider than a LEI. TRUE. And it was noted that paragliders cost DOUBLE what the Biggest LEI costs, so the Psycho foils have been consciously kept at a competing LEI pricing....

That's all I specifically remember....

Later.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BigSmelly on 2002-10-05 22:10 ]</font>

BLOWN AWAY
Very Frequent Poster

Postby BLOWN AWAY » Sun Oct 06, 2002 8:41 am

On 2002-10-05 19:14, BigSmelly wrote:
Don't hold me to it, but I seem to remember a post recently on one of the threads that mentioned that there is no Flusurfer dealer in Oz or New Z!!
I don't know about OZ but I've never seen any flysurfer kites in NZ. No-one here uses them. Over here the only foils people use are ARCs.

BLOWN AWAY :evil:

Mr Jo Macdonald
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Mr Jo Macdonald » Sun Oct 06, 2002 8:58 am

http://members.iinet.net.au/~ianyoung/kiteski.html

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mr Jo Macdonald on 2002-10-06 10:01 ]</font>

kpipis
Medium Poster

Postby kpipis » Sun Oct 06, 2002 11:01 am

hei Kite:Life
i use lei's.i'm to get a 12.5 psycho.What do u meen by different jumping technic.sould i have problems.Any tips,TNX

Mr Jo Macdonald
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Mr Jo Macdonald » Sun Oct 06, 2002 11:43 am

Hi kipis,
Don't knwo about the psycho but I got this from Flysurfer on jumpin their other foils.

phpBB/viewtopic.php?topic=2271&forum=1

Return to “Kitesurfing”