Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

airush 2002

Forum for kitesurfers
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Guest » Sun Oct 06, 2002 7:36 pm

what is everyone's opinion on the airush atv and lift for the 2002 model? good/bad and which is better for wake style riding and to help the learning curve? if i could get opinions from people who have actually used these kites i'll appreciate it. thanks

Postby Guest » Sun Oct 06, 2002 9:39 pm

very pleased with Lift 7.4 (2002) for 22 knots plus, had it out in about 35 knots once - pretty hairy! Great build quality + nice bar. stable and behaves well. Jumps high of course. Easy relaunch. Fine for learning on - I often used it teaching my girlfriend, but you'll not have it out too often unless you live somewhere very windy.

Bad things: the bag is tiny and doesn't expand . The little hole in the bar for the chichen loop wears out the rope quickly (but they designed it to be very simple to replace). The carbon tips wore a hole through the closures - did a DIY modification to fix it. Mine was an early production model though.

can't comment on other sizes or ATV but the company seems reasonable and friends like their larger Lifts well.

murdoc
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby murdoc » Mon Oct 07, 2002 12:09 am

i ride the lift 12.2 and 9.4

the 12.2's a very nice kite.
fast turning, very well made, good, clean lift and big windrange (starting 10kts and ending somewhere in the early twenties) i'm very pleased with this kite.

the 9.4's a mean machine - starting very early (about the same low-end as the 12m x2 if you work it a little) and goes far up.
the lift comes very clean, but hard and fast and the hangtime is incredible.

both kites can be relaunched very close to the powerzone after flipping them over and are built bomb-proof.

the depower - rope has to be replaced really early, but if you take some better rope, it'll last much longer.

i had no problems concerning anything wearing off exept the depower.
you have to figure out how the kite fits into the bag, but once you get it, it's no problem.

murdoc
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby murdoc » Mon Oct 07, 2002 12:15 am

p.s. :
i use these kites with wakeboard.
relaunch of the 12.2 in light winds requires removing the baard sometimes

ah and regarding the atv:
i've seen a few and talked to the riders.
only good opinions.
also bombproof built, relaunches very easy, nice lift & hangtime.

Return to “Kitesurfing”