Cabrinha Prankster board?

Forum for kitesurfers
1980buick
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby 1980buick » Sun Oct 06, 2002 8:40 pm

has any one used this board? is it really the perfect blend between a wake style board and a lightwind board? Or will i be dissaponted in its performance? I am looking to get rid of my 142 pickle fork. any othere sugestions? I like to ride in full bindings. 170 Lbs 5'11" thanks.

MissionMan
Very Frequent Poster

Postby MissionMan » Mon Oct 07, 2002 8:08 am

I had a couple of sessions with one on the weekend, feels awesome. Sharp rail (step rail so board still has volume) and holds nicely. Little more difficult to do slides with though.

Dwight
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Florida
Gear: Any

Postby Dwight » Mon Oct 07, 2002 12:05 pm

On 2002-10-06 21:40, 1980buick wrote:
has any one used this board? is it really the perfect blend between a wake style board and a lightwind board? Or will i be dissaponted in its performance? I am looking to get rid of my 142 pickle fork. any othere sugestions? I like to ride in full bindings. 170 Lbs 5'11" thanks.
The prankster is twice as thick as your pickle fork. It's a newbie board thickened up for them. The 150 spoiler is a better wakeboard. It goes upwind better than your 142 pickle, and should have more range. I've ridden the Spoiler, only seen the prankster.

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 07, 2002 12:23 pm

I agree with dwight, the prankster is an entry level twintip, they've taken quite a decent design and then beefed it up with more volume, the people around here that had em, didn't like them and have moved on. The spoiler is definatly a bigger option, the comprimise cabrinha took in beefing the board up just screwed it...

Hernan
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Hernan » Mon Oct 07, 2002 1:31 pm

I used to ride one. (150). Very easy board. The extra volume dont bother. Edges well. Excellent contruction (I had the carbon one).

Cons: Tracks too much for my taste (2'' fins), too stiff.

It is a good board for riding a 14 not super powered.

1980buick
Rare Poster

Postby 1980buick » Mon Oct 07, 2002 1:59 pm

thanks for the replies, I was worried that the extra volume way ruin the wake feel and ride. I am kinda stuck deciding what to get, i like to ride wake style but with the winds around here i cant always get on the water powered up, so i endup just sinking, any other ideas on boards?

Dwight
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Florida
Gear: Any

Postby Dwight » Mon Oct 07, 2002 2:36 pm

On 2002-10-07 14:59, 1980buick wrote:
thanks for the replies, I was worried that the extra volume way ruin the wake feel and ride. I am kinda stuck deciding what to get, i like to ride wake style but with the winds around here i cant always get on the water powered up, so i endup just sinking, any other ideas on boards?
Extra volume in the form of thickness is the wrong way to go. You want extra width. This is what makes you go in wind holes, while still allowing you to edge in higher winds.

Look for a wider board with square tail for more power in light wind.

If you ride in the ocean a lot, a wave tray with bindings is a lot more fun than what you were riding. You can order the width you need too.

Postby Guest » Tue Oct 08, 2002 5:06 am

Actually the Prankster is pretty wide. It's wider than the Spoiler. The volume only helps in the luls, or if you bog in the transitions. But i don't think the extra volume really hurts it.

Return to “Kitesurfing”