Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

front line flying.

Forum for kitesurfers
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 07, 2002 11:15 am

ive just sold my 01, airblast 8.4 .Please could anybody tell me which kite feels as light ,but is a bit moore stable.Im just starting to attempt jumps.The 9m hydro with a bridle has been mentioned as has the takoon skoop.I fly the airblast with bridle on.All comments greatly appreciated.thanks. Happy flying.

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 07, 2002 11:35 am

Skoop

murdoc
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby murdoc » Mon Oct 07, 2002 11:36 am

the 02 airblast, the hydro and the takoons are more stable than the 01 AB and they all have bridles.
most people remove them to get a more direct handling.

fokiten

Postby fokiten » Mon Oct 07, 2002 4:01 pm

On 2002-10-07 12:15, Anonymous wrote:
ive just sold my 01, airblast 8.4 .Please could anybody tell me which kite feels as light ,but is a bit moore stable.Im just starting to attempt jumps.The 9m hydro with a bridle has been mentioned as has the takoon skoop.I fly the airblast with bridle on.All comments greatly appreciated.thanks. Happy flying.
Welcome to the real world,the light flyers (high aspect) are a bit nervious, the stable ones (low aspect) are a bit sluggish. the way i approch it is fast and nervious for light to 25 knots,best power from kite speed, slow and stupid for 25 plus knots,this is where control is an issue and power is not a problem, if you find a kite that flys light but is super stable I have $ to invest in it, sure hope you find one please post your sucsessess. fast kites improve your ability faster,it is not a bad thing.

BLOWN AWAY
Very Frequent Poster

Postby BLOWN AWAY » Mon Oct 07, 2002 10:25 pm

The X2....

It's fast AND stable :wink:

BLOWN AWAY :smile:

aklbob
Frequent Poster

Postby aklbob » Tue Oct 08, 2002 10:56 pm

ditto, I had a 01 8.4 Airblast, and the handling of the 12m X2 took very little time to get used to, front line flying, low bar pressure (I'm used to the 8.4 without bridles) but the amount of power you have to deal with, and lift are phenomenal. Speed of the 8.4 but with the power of a 10m (13.5m) Airblast on tap...

Return to “Kitesurfing”