Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Riding a Morph Fakie

Forum for kitesurfers
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Guest » Sun Oct 06, 2002 5:38 pm

I have been really looking at getting a morph board. I'm more into the surf than anything else. I was worried though after looking at all the different boards how well do they really ride fakie. Looks like there is just too much fin on the predominant side to ride it fakie effectively off the nose. Anybody with experience with this or even with centering the footstrap on such a board, riding impressions? Thanks

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 07, 2002 1:15 am

Just center the stance, and they ride switch really well.

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 07, 2002 2:30 am

Does anyone have the Jimmy Lewis custom directional morph? How does it ride off the nose?

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 07, 2002 4:28 pm

The Morph's surf fins actually are a bit large. They are reducing this fin size for 2003. I ride the Morph all the time, and I have the stance offset towards the back a little, like a directional board would be. Rides fakie just fine, but the large surf fins now being in the front are ready to grab the water at any chance they get. This takes a little getting used to, but once you have it, they are like another tool at your disposal out there.
If you are into the directional style surf boards, go for the Morph. You'll be happy with it.

Johnny

Return to “Kitesurfing”