Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Whats the trick for getting BIG air???????

Forum for kitesurfers
Marley
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Marley » Mon Oct 07, 2002 2:05 am

People are saying what you have to do but not how to do it. My wording may work or jumble brain. In your first airs and i say it being controlled airs. You can go downwind a little, towards kite, And this will give the board to you in way of full edging control because you sink in a little. from here you turn kite for 2 or 10 o'clock whichever in the opposite direction your riding. Then once the kite is facing that new direction then put wind back into the sail by driving everything you got away and I mean right the &^%$(&$( away from the kite (upwind). you will then be torqued right off the water. Tip #1 If when you edge towards to gain edge you find yourself not able to steer kite that is too much towards and if you are still getting yanked then not gonig towards enough. Tip#2 whendriving away you must committ as soon as the kite is facing its new direction. Other words the "S"ing of board will lose all purpose. it will catch wind before the drive away therefore losing your HARD edge. 1 go towards 2 steer to new direction 3 kite pointing to optimum air spot and drive away.DRIVE AWAY. every piece of fat on ya resisting that kite. Then after this you've set yourselfup for no handed jumps. Instead of pointing to opposite direction point to 12 o'clock this will ensure you come down soft but stalled and safe if hands not available Or wrong side of bar. Then once comfortable with that point only from original 10 to pointing at 11 after the carve forward. This will allow for planing away of no handed tricks. ITS ALL IN THE S TOWARDS THEN AGAINST FOR MAX AIR AND EDGE CONTROLLED TAKE-OFF. You'll find these words gold if interpreted the way i hope it may. No handed quint spins are cooooooool.

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 07, 2002 8:04 pm

what is this guy trying to say?

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 07, 2002 8:20 pm

Marley that's pretty confusing stuff man.

BigSmelly
Very Frequent Poster

Postby BigSmelly » Mon Oct 07, 2002 8:50 pm

Would someone take away that mans drugs! Sheeesh. I am really sorry, Mr Bob, but that lingo there was un-understandable, but it did make me smile....

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 07, 2002 8:53 pm

Marley got a hold of some goooooood sheeeeeet!! :smile:

chicagokitesurfer
Very Frequent Poster

Postby chicagokitesurfer » Mon Oct 07, 2002 10:26 pm

Marley, you're dead on! But not too much toward the kite so the kite stalls before you can turn it to optimal jump position. Then mack on the edge and crank upwind to tension those lines to the max and let the kite rocket to the top and release and up you go.

V
http://www.chicagokitesurfing.com

captain pugwash
Medium Poster

Postby captain pugwash » Tue Oct 08, 2002 1:03 am

Marley...you are a star !!! keep smoking that stuff, we'd been discussing this type of jump for a couple of days and then I saw your post....here, it's got some fancy wake-dude name "railey" , they use the technique in cable parks.
With considerable doubt, me and a mate tried it yesterday with the kites.....f*** ME.....how big...and we didn't get it perfect by far...as you edge hard upwind nothing seems to happen for a second and then it feels like a big hand reaches down and just yanks you out of the water.....so fast that the board gets left behind (probably better with bindings)....gonna have some fun with this...Marley got any other tips ?

Marley
Medium Poster

Postby Marley » Tue Oct 08, 2002 1:51 am

hey gang said it might be jumbled. But it worked for some by the looks of feedback. should i try again, hell yeah, thats the way. O.K., cruising slowly upwind and life is good. I want to fly. I go downwind to gain board edge( just before sinking) then point kite in opposite direction as soon as it is pointing opposite i drive away(upwind). You will not guess when to jump it willrip you off the water. Too many think speed is the key and its not it is control. Skipping out of control speeding you will not have edge. Start slow, real slow, Stoned slow happy slow. this way you have control. board at, steer new, board away, ripped off, Flying. that is simple only if yer ready. This is the key jump in big trick setup. It allows for free hands and open for all yer board juggling fun.

Marley
Medium Poster

Postby Marley » Tue Oct 08, 2002 2:09 am

forgot to say thanx for positive feedback on my tip. When someone from windy city says good stuff it s a good one love feeling hippies. whatever

Postby Guest » Tue Oct 08, 2002 4:25 am

Yo marley try putting down the bong while typing. It might help

Return to “Kitesurfing”