Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

How to jump a one foot off?

Forum for kitesurfers
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Guest » Tue Feb 12, 2002 11:30 am

where do I grab the board when I want to do a one foot off move?
I tried it and wanted to grab the board in the middle or at a footstrap, but it was far away. How do you guys do it?
Phil

Royce
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Royce » Tue Feb 12, 2002 6:43 pm

Dude. Front foot, front hand, front rail, back foot, back hand, back rail. Both feet, middle of the board. Thats the only way I seem to be able to do it. Some of the guys always use their back hand so they can pull the kite forward. Also small jumps don't work, you need hang time so try it when you are overpowered. Good luck.

Postby Guest » Tue Feb 12, 2002 8:05 pm

thx, I'll try my best!
let you know if I managed it!! :wink:

Royce
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Royce » Tue Feb 12, 2002 11:49 pm

Firstly get really comfortable with grabs and pulling on your board hard, then front foot front hand, put your front hand somewhere so your arm guides you foot back to the strap, try it on the beach first. Back foot, back hand grab. Practice on the beach and find where you can put your hand to guide your foot back. Then try a couple of big jumps with the same grab, then pull foot. It's alot easier than it looks if you have enough hang time. If you bail out kick the board hard and down so you don't land on one foot or on your board. Good luck.

Return to “Kitesurfing”